Is being skinny usually less attractive? And is being bigger and having a larger frame more attractive?

I grew up sheltered from the truth. I know it's silly to ask but do girls like bigger guys and find skinnier guys less attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the girl/woman. I am 5'9" and have a medium to a large frame so skinny guys do not appeal to me. There are so many petite women that have no problem with guys with a smaller frame and there are larger women that dig smaller guys.

I think many younger females, high school and undergrad, have gone into a skinny guy fad. I think it has to deal with that Edwin..Edward...whatever vampire guy in the Twilight series or the kids from Harry Potter. If there was a TOP CHARTING series involving a big dude (Rambo back in the day) then the attraction might be towards beefcakes.

Even the action heroes of today are not AS bulked up.

What Girls Said 14

• Dude it depends on how you carry yourself. I like tall and lanky skinny types but I can't imagine super short guy skinny. It depends on your body as a whole. But honestly if your hot to me it doesn't matter if your skinny , chubby, or very well built to me I'd still like you. But also if your really that skinny try to get some muscle mass specially in the upper body. Don't want to have a bird chest now do yah? and it'd make your arms bigger in an attractive way. You should use your skinny ness to your advantage.

• I have fallen for a few smaller framed guys lately, and it makes me mad at myself because I feel like they want tiny, tiny women to make them feel "big" and "macho." I'm slim (5'6, 125), but I'm not petite and it seems like I get ditched for women who are (5'3, 105). So, it's all relative.

• It all depends on who is attracted to who. For some, it doesn't matter and for others it doesn't. Me personally likes any size, as long as they carry their weight in a confident way and not let it all hang. If they are in the middle that's good, if they are really skinny, it could be a problem for me since I'm a bigger chick lolz, but it really doesn't matter.

• I would never not date a guy because he was skinny. But in saying that, there's too skinny. But I do prefure bigger guys, because being natrualy curvy, if I'm with a stick it would look quite awkward lol. But I would never judge on body type because those thngs can be changed, but a big kind loving heart is hard to find(:

• This is kind of hard for me to explain. I like skinny guys, but I like muscly- thick guys as well. I'm just going to be straight up with you- personality is what decides how attractive you are. That's just me though. My best friend doesn't like guys who are too skinny so we always argue about that. I'll think a guy is REALLY cute, and she'll say he needs to gain weight. If you're nice though, and if you can make me laugh, and feel good about myself- I really probably won't give a freak what you look like. As long as you're a dude...

• im crushing on a guy right now who's 5'9.5" and has skinner limbs than me, I'm 5'4" and thin. I can't visualize being in bed w him because he's skinny but I'm quite sexually turned on by him as a whole.

if you have broad shoulders and are at least medium tall no worries if you're skinny, esp at your age.

if you're really confident and draw people in with your personality, your skinniness will become part of your appeal. plenty of skinny guys get hot chicks.

• i love skinny guys they just don't love me = (!

• For me I like a bigger guy I can't stand skinny.

• Bigger definatly. I'm over 5ft 8 and curvy and I like it when the guy is bigger than me all round. Not overweight but big :)

• I'm actually a thin girl and do prefer bigger guys but skinny guys are just as hot so don't worry about it!

• It doesn't automatically make a guy less attractive, it depends on the guy. If you are good looking and skinny then you're still cute. Some guys can pull it off but overall I prefer a guy with more muscle on him.

• I like skinny guys personally. I'm 5'6" and a half and like 105 pounds so I just feel overpowered with the big guys.

• i like bigger guys, but some skinny guys out there are so damn sexy!

• sex with buff guys is amazing but I don't trust them

skinny guy are yuck too me

big guy are my teddy bears =]

What Guys Said 2

• It varies from girl to girl, but these days its skinnier guys they like, I guess its the emo culture. Some girls will still like men with a bigger frame, because its 'manly'. I'm realatively thin, but I think its a good idea to build muscle tone, its almost like best of both. :P

• I wouldn't say I'm skinny but I am thin, but not built like a brick house.

I don't know, I guess I am normal?

Do you chicks like fit guys or do we have to be massive hulks these days?