Do boys prefer glamorous or natural?

I'm 5'5, long dark hair, blue eyes, tanned skin, I'm not stunning but I can admit I'm definitely not ugly. Slim... Sound attractive?

I wear hair extensions, I usually have my nails done. I don't have the confidence to go out the house without make up. I usually wear heels. I use fake tan. Still sound attractive? =/

I still look quite natural... I feel so fake using all this but without it all I feel like my hair is too short, my nails are so ruined from how much I used to have them done so I don't have much choice now. I usually have natural make up unless I'm going out then ill dress it up a little more, and I hate hate hate being pale! especially as its winter now!

Boys would you prefer if we didn't do all this? Because bear in mind I don't just do this for myself! I do this for other people. I feel sorry for people who would have to look at me without it!

Please tell me your perfect girl, how would she dress? how would her hair be? nails? make up? would she care about her appearance? (overly or less than the average person?) ideal weight? height?

I know its impossible to get THE perfect girl because everybody obviously has their own personal opinions, but I would like a bit of an insight please?

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly yeah, I would go for girls who didn't do all that.

ideally my perfect girl would dress and look as casual as she could get away with for the situation. makeup, when done right, should look like you're not wearing any (meaning only used for hiding blemishes and stuff). nails, I don't even pay attention to. they are painted up in a way that does cause me to notice them at all, that to me is a turnoff.

jeans and a good looking top are always fashionable and I like the look. wear clean sneakers whenever possible. they're the only type of shoe that can go with anything and everything (except for a fancy dress) IMO.

would she care about her appearance? yes, but she wouldn't OBSESS over it. if her hair looks like it took a half hour to style it that morning, that's a turnoff to me.

height and weight? you are who you are. not gonna bother stating height and weight because it's not something you can just *change* about yourself. you are who you are, be comfortable in your skin.

if I saw two good looking girls at the grocery store, one looked like she spent an hour getting ready with her hair and nails done and dressed in an outfit that looked like it cost $100 or more, while the other has her hair done up in a pony tail, no makeup, and some sweats on, looking like she just ran to the store to grab a few things, I'd approach the one in the sweats. I wouldn't even bother with the one who was all made up because really all of that does make her seem fake in a way. I feel confident that if I approach the girl in the sweats she will be more "real" with me than the other girl. not only that but seeing her like that kinda makes me feel like I'm catching her off guard which boosts my confidence, which in turn makes me come across better.

What Guys Said 18

• Granted it is impossible to find a PERFECT girl, however the next best is perfect in our eyes. My girlfriend may not be the most glamorous dressing. T-shirt, jeans, shoes, quick brush through hair and she's still stunning to me. If your wanting to meet a guy who loves you for the real you, lose the extras, sure you can keep your nails done or have your hair styled, but don't spend all morning on it.

I can understand if your going to some fancy place and want to dress up but for everyday you don't have to go to such extremes for guys.

• I prefer girls who wear less or no makeup, it just shows she's comfortable with herself, plus its annoying when I get home and have to take makeup off my face or my clothes. I'm not a fan of fake tan, it just looks fake, hair extensions are alright, I do like girls with shortish hair though :D I know you haven't mentioned it, but I like girls who have some perfume on, so long as its not a strong scent, just something feminine :)

• I don't think anyone will mind looking at you without makeup. In general I would say men care less about this stuff you girls worry about then you might think. I really don't care about glamourous my favorite outfit a girl could wear is her birthday suit lol. Well in public I sorta wish girls would wear more dresses not be afraid to look more feminine. A lot of girls overdo makeup if its making your cheeks an odd shade of red or the space around your eyes black or green when it is usually not its too much. If used at all I think makeup is best when it pretends its not even there. As for your hair I like long hair to be honest although if you like it short wear it with confidence and its fine. If you want it long you only have to wait about a month or so and it will be. To answer your question natural all the way. We like women not products and before the invention of all that crap we were attracted to women. For me natural is exciting. Too much big fake nails or any kind of palstic surgery is really not sexy to me becasue it makes a woman sorta look like a barbie and not a warm animal we are all animals after all. To be honest sometimes I like lipstick though I don't know why

• I prefer a woman who wears something not excessively revealing (so then she is respectable), I am not a fan of extensions..because I like the woman for who she is and not for her extensions, Prefere natural nails..You should not have to be over doing them at all...I don't think I have ever dated someone who actually had fake nails...I just don't get it. Make up should be natural looking (moderate makeup is fine) - no green eye shade, or bedazzled lip stick (it says you are trying to hard...be attractive and look like something this guy will have to work for (because you are respectful looking). I would obviously like my woman to feel comfortable when going out in public if she had any facial discolorations...I easily would understand that for her...personally between the two of us...I would care less...id kiss it all the same.

Appearance: This changes per guy. Personally I would like here to be moderately healthy, even if that means with a few extra pounds. Height: shorter then me. Get rid of the fake in back if your orange. Its not hiding anything and if you keep yourself clean, your lack of tan will go unnoticed. I have no problem dating any degree of paleness. Pretty sure my first girlfriend was see through...i mean veins and everything...But I liked her...so if someone said anything...i'd take them aside and mess them up if they didn't stop it there.

SPECIAL NOTE:

Live your life for you and you alone. This world already bring enough stresses into each of our individual lives to be worrying about how others kind we look. Ask yourself this...if you were to dress moderately from how do you know...would the earth suddenly stop and rain down meteors? What is the worst thing someone could say? Then ask yourself ...what is the best thing someone could say? <-- I bet this answer would outweigh the worst...

if it doesn't...take foot to arse woman! And find a new friend who likes you for something more then a fake nail, high heels and extensions. Personally now I'm curious what you look like. ha!

Hope this helps.

-Zing

• natural.

follow the link and see why men don't like make up so much.

link

• But she looks so much better with the make up on! don't you think? =/ gosh I'm so confused.

• I think all three jessicas looked fine without makeup.

• I just think it'd be scary to discover that someone looks so different without makeup.

• you sound beautiful to me. I love a girl the way she loves herself. If she likes to dress up then I'll like it to and if she likes to go natural then I'll like it to. Depending on the way you like yourself you shouldnt let a guy choose the way he likes to see you. just be yourself and if you like makeup wear it.

• There's nothing wrong with a little makeup. No single girl can be completely beautiful naturally. But the fun part, is that most guys don't even care. We think you look awesome either way. But I'd prefer natural definitely than fake nails, too much makeup, and all that jazz.

• its kinda sad how girls cannot accept their natural beauty. they have to use make up and other things to make them think they are better looking.. really id rater have a girl who wears little to no makeup, doesn't tan natural sun or tan in a can, has curves and some meat on her bone, if I bring her out to dinner she eats real food not just a salad and a water. also I don't like the solid colors in hair unless its natural. but for the most part if you dye your hair use a natural looking color and add highlights that will make it look amazing.

basically to me if I was looking at you and another girl and this girl had jeans and a regular cut t shirt on maybe even a sweater, with no make up, who was curvy in all the right places and no tan, I would pick her because she has more natural beauty and doesn't feel like she has to dress up everywhere before she can go out.

• I much prefer natural. To me it just shows that she is at least somewhat comfortable with who she naturally is. And don't worry about being tan. A lot of guys either like or don't mind pale skin on girls...and it's winter. it happens to everyone.

• I think that wearing makeup if you're not confident in your natural beauty is ok, just don't overdo it. A thick layer caked on looks bad on anyone. Now, while I'm not particularly fond of women with fake nails, that's only my preference, so feel free to do what you like in that regard.

Re being pale, it's wintertime hon, don't worry about it. In fact, I'd venture to say that the guys probably would think that the girls who are really tan when it's almost Christmastime look a little strange.

All in all, I know that women are under tremendous pressure by our society to look good all the time, and are constantly compared to one another. What I suggest is to look stylish without looking manufactured.

Anyway, these are my personal preferences:

Makeup - Prefer a natural look , but cool in my book

Hair extensions - Not crazy about them but they can look good.

Heels - Love them.

Nails - Don't like them

Fake tan - A total no go

Hope I've been of some help.

• you have to keep it at an average. you can't be too natural, or too glamorous. don't try too hard to look good. I personally like the girls who are average weight, not too preppy, and those that have a good personality. just don't over due it. extremes are always bad.

• im gunna b frank... I think you have insecurity issues, try to focus on that and please yourself and not everyone else

• a perfect girl would be the one you can understand ... to hell with makeup ... v don't need one night stands ... what's the point in attracting someone if you can't understand them or live with them

a perfect girl should just be herself

• natural ! out with red lipstick and in with pink

• i prefer natural girls...i feel glamorous girls are not simple and down to earth...that is just what I feel...i might be wrong though.

• you sound hot but a pick would be better.

• Natural is beautiful according to me..

• I like a little of both.

What Girls Said 9

• ignore the guys... all guy sdream their girfriend will be naturally beautiful and wouldn't need a scrap of makeup, that's pretty shallow too though they try to make out you're shallow by going through the effort you do. if you feel hot, people will think it. confidence attracts people. and I don't care what each individual boy thinks cos your never gonna please everybody but most guys go for the hot girl who put the effort in. bad makeup is never attractive and neither is a bad attitude.

• Just put a smile on my face haha :) thanks alot. youve made me see it from a completley different point of view.

• I agree. Lets be honest most women look better with makeup (at least in my opinions and observations) not saying be a cakeface but a little bit goes a long way. So if you do look better with a little bit don't feel bad. Most guys don't really know too much about makeup so why should their opinions affect how you fix yourself up?

• I personally always prefer natural looking women (I am bi so I figured I would answer). Most of my guy friends/lovers feel the same way as I do. I find women with a lot of makeup in general to be unattractive to me. I don't mind a lot of eye makeup like liner and shadow but it depends on the woman, the setting and the rest of her get up (clothes). I also love lipstick. I think lipstick is a nice standard and one that seems to be so misused these days. I hate the recent trend that I see often where girls wear lighter colored lipstick usually accompanied by a really ugly fake tan. This color contrast looks horrible. Who ever told them that it was pretty? I hate fake nails. I think nail coloring/polish can be really cute and sexy but fake long nails just seem ugly and in the way to me. French nails are straight out in my book. My all-time most hated thing on women are fake boobs. I personally don't really wear any makeup except a faint eyeliner and red lipstick--period. I only ever wear more when I am modeling and have to have more because of the cameras and lights--which is normal for any photography. Even when I am dancing on stage, the only extra makeup that I wear is more eye shadow (dark with hints of different colors). This is the same principle as theater makeup. The practice of wearing lip and heavy eye makeup was first widely popularized by ancient actors because their audience was too far away to see their facial movements change when they acted without it.

So, to put it simply, my personal preference is for all natural with no makeup or maybe a subtle accent to the eyes and a bit of nice red lipstick depending on the occasion and clothes worn.

• im the type of girl who will put on make up one day...nothing serious just eyeliner and lip gloss and then the next day have absolutely nothing on my face. I like myself either way...i don't wanna sound snobbish bt I look great either way and honestly I paint my nails when I'm bored and I'm a very colorful person so I might have ten different colors on my hands at once and then I'll forget about it and let it chip away until its all gone and I won't even care...altho some people are really picky about that and my hair isn't really long enough for me to stress over. it comes to about the botton of my neck and its pretty decent so I don't worry about it as long as its clean. and I would have to say that with my completely natural self I'm pretty adorable and I'm sure you are too. PS. I don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings bt if you feel the need to wear so much make up maybe you should just take better care of ur skin bcuz in the long run all that make up is going to ruin ur natural beauty!

• i've been on both sides of the fence: natural and glamorous. I think that a good quality guy would recognize natural beauty and doesn't need the nails, hair and makeup to go along. they would know that you're being true to yourself, and that's what matters. The man I'm with says that there's nothing sexier than a girl that's comfortable in her own skin. you glow when your confident. best be confident comfortably.

• It's important for girls to take care of themselves but sometimes too much can do more bad than good. I'm sure you could do less and still be very beautiful. I don't know a lot about hair extensions, why do you have them? Having your nails done is fine; it's fun and feminine, but only as long as you don't go overboard. Makeup is nice but wearing too much isn't good. If you feel like you wear too much makeup, try putting on a little less every week or even month. Try to find techniques to make it seems more natural. You say you don't have the confidence to go outside your house without it but that's not true. You're probably just not used to being outside without it. Is it a kind of protection for you, even just a little? You can be more natural, but it's an appearance you have to get used to. Being pale is fine lol...It's winter. But that's your choice...As long as you don't risk your skin's health. You should care about your appearance, that's only natural but not to the point of obsession. I'm sure other people don't care as much as you think they do.

I dislike everything having to do with falsehood, and masking your natural appearance is a kind of false advertising. Take care of yourself but don't make yourself look too different. You're beautiful the way you are and a little goes a long way.

• Excuse me I happen to have pale skin, love it, and constantly get compliments on it so you probably just need to rethink what you think is beautiful. I used to be ashamed of being pale too but then I started to rethink what I found beautiful. I started looking at people like Eva Green, Winona Ryder, Sasha Grey, Blake Lively, Taylor Momsen, Alexis Bledel, Cate Blanchett, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, the list goes on and on. Just love what you've got!

And trust me, black hair + blue eyes + pale skin = stunning and beautiful. I would kill for blue eyes with my pale skin!

The first description you gave I thought Eva Green, Alexis Bledel, the second I thought Snooki from Jersey Shore..yuk!

• I was looking at the answers and you said you had a picture in an other answer. I think if you dropped the the fake tan and went blonde it would be gorgeous. I recently bleached my hair and its nowhere near as bad as people say it is. Youd be a really pretty blonde.

• There are some guys that I know prefer the glam girl but that doesn't mean they all do. If you look good whether you're glam or natural, you will get guys to like you.

• Agreed. I'm not of fan of glam or the makeup industry, but just do what you feel comfortable with. but it's a shame you don't feel confident wout the makeup.

fyi guys don't give a crap about nails. if they do, they likely like guys or are just crazy lame.

• im with you girl. I tan.. & wear make up..

always.. have too!.

but I don't wear hair extenisons.

and I get my nails done! but I think we are just fine.

and its a girl thing.