Can black girls have naturally wavy hair with out being mixed?

I am African American and my hair type is 3B/3C. My hair is naturally loose waves yet every one and i mean everyone i run onto always try to argue me down about being mixed. My mom is black and so is my dad. Yes, someone far far far down the line in everyone family tree there are some other races but i am not mixed (mom white dad black, dad latino mom black etc.) I have no idea why my hair has loose waves but its been like that since i was little. All my sisters has long hair. The only difference between mines and theirs is our hair texture. Their's are kinky/coily looking meanwhile mines is wavy. People keep telling me a black girl can't have wavy hair which is stupid. Could this be true though? I dont understand how come my hair comes out like this but my sister's doesn't. (Btw i dont even look mixed.) yet everyone keeps aruguing ME down about what i am.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah! One of my friends has loose curly hair that is down to her tailbone and there even black girls with naturally straight hair.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah, depending on where in Africa your heritage originates from.

• I've seen non mixed black girls with wavy hair! :)

• well technically yes, but its obviously not really a dominant gene amongst black people, else more non mixed girls would have that kind of hair

• Yes they can.

• I always thought it was naturally stiff.

• this may sound kind of ignorant but! technically you are mixed if you really think about it if you had different races in your family i don't think that blood goes away

What Girls Said 8

• Yes (filler).

• you don't have to be biracial or 1/4 black but you would have some mixture down the line to have that kinda hair.

• I get the same response all the time. A lot of people think I'm dominican or mixed with something else, though I am mixed as my mom is Latina from Belize, and my dad is ethiopian. Do you know where in africa your family is from? I would imagine other east Africans being able to have wavy hair maybe. I know Africans that live on the horn of africa have a very different look/hair than west Africans and southern Africans.

• My friends full eritrean and has wavy hair and always has people arguing with her saying she's mixed as well. A lot of girls don't like her either just because of her hair and say she 'pretends' to be black which is so stupid, i feel bad for her and i hope you don't let people get to you either!:)

• We sure can!

• not true at all black girls can have wavy hair..

• Yes.
    I've seen it in many of my family members.

• Yes any one can! I'm Caucasian and have very thick, coarse, frizzy, wavy hair!