What is it with guys and skirts?

Wore a simple black above the knee skirt to school today, and a lot of my guy friends commented, or I got some leg-touching with some of the more forward of my friends. otherwise I just got double takes from guys I barely know...what is it that makes guys go crazy for skirts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Correction: What is with little schoolboys and skirts.

You'll find that beyond school most guys can keep their horny hormones confined to their teenage years.

But John83 is also spot on. Skirts show off a gals pins, and good looking legs are all part of the visual cues that attract a guy. Try and take it as a compliment, you have sexy legs.

If you find it uncomfortable simply wear jeans/trousers. Try not to take it too personally or offensively if you don't like the attention, you can't blame a guy for checking out a good looking girl any more than you can blame a lion from hunting. Its just subconscious instinct programmed by millions of years of evolution and therefore beyond our control.

But we can try and dampen them. If your guy friends are being a bit too obvious just tell them you don't like it, hopefully they'll be cool enough to keep their commentary to themselves and avert their eyes elsewhere.

As for strangers you'll just have to live with being the most attractive girl in the room. ;)

What Guys Said 11

• It's called the attraction between teen aged (as well as older guys and girls) boys to pretty teen aged girls. Skirts expose your legs. They can easily rise up and expose your panties. Panties come down. When panties come down they expose your vagina. What does a healthy, not sexually confused boy, naturally want to do to and with a pretty teen aged girl?

• Well, boys/guys/men do like the looks of a girl/ woman's legs...pure and simple. Bare legs do not cut it in the business world for a woman dressed up or 'dressy", but I don't know what is considered "chic" for someone in high school. Try wearing shear stockings with the same dress/skirt and they will probably really flip out , your teachers will not know what to make of it ...Americans just about everywhere have all but given up on dressing up for any occassion...and that really sucks in my opinion...

I think the 'short answer' in your case, is that the guys are just not used to seeing 'legs' anymore. You go girl, and make a 'fashion statement' for those bozos.

• Showing of skin, easy access, and the overall appeal of smooth legs. Pretty much sums it up right there.

• you see, we never see anyone in a skirt anymore, they're all in their freaking sweat pants that make them look like bimbos, So in short, you stood out from all the other chicks in the fact that you showed us some legs, and we never see them. Congratulations on having amazing legs, that would be the reason everyone looked at you.

• It looks great because it shows off your legs which guys like. A skirt with stockings is a really sexy look, too.

• ...Really? It's less fabric in the way of their ultimate goal. Pretty simple.

• ok this is why, if a girl is wearing a short skirt we guys seem to have a nack for being able to imagen what is under the skirt. and we love doing that.

hope this clears it up for u;)

• it looks hot and attractive..

inshort its eye-catchy so guys tend to notice

but don't be concerned abt it soo much,u'l eventually gt used to such stuffs..:)

• because your probably looked damn sexy in it so that's why its a big deal, its a big turn on

• Cause we want to know what's underneath

• It shows more skin so it's more attractive.

But around here, all we have are girls wearing those black lulu lemon ass grabbing pants.

What Girls Said 7

• why did you let them touch and then now asking "why do they touch me?" ?. it's because you let them touch you, that's why.

I would have probably slaped them or flipped them over. I don't like being touched.

• Do you usually wear jeans/pants or something long? A lot of it could be just the change. Just like getting a new hair style or some other big change. People will be attracted to and fascinated by the new look. Of course it also has to do with the fact that skirts just look sexy in general.

• This is definitley common sense.

• Its totally because you get to have a better look at the curves of a girl. A lot of men love to look at the legs of a girl. Plus, skirts are hot and even I catch myself doing a double take at a chick in a skirt.

• Maybe it isn't the skirt. Maybe it's the girl in the skirt. ;D

• She said she got double takes from guys she never knew. its def. not her. its the skirt. simply put less clothing. more skin. more looks

• Or maybe its what's under the skirt :)

• Easy access to your vagina. You're closer to be naked, same reason you look at a hot guy more if he's shirtless.

• skirts and dresses are the hallmark of femininity which is sexy to guys. plus it shows more skin