A henna tattoo bad if you're not religious?

I feel like there's starting a trend where girls are drawing henna on their hands for fun or whatever. I feel like it isn't bad, because it's just a diversity of cultures, even religious people don't tend to wear them just for the actual religious reason. What are your thoughts?

I meant culture :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Huh... what henna has 2 do with eligion? Never heard that before

• Huh? Didn't you read the update?

• What has henna to do with religion? It's all about culture

• I dint think they got anything to do with religion its mostly an eastern cultures thing

What Girls Said 9

• i've had henna tattoos a couple times. i think they're really pretty. i had one of them done for a dance show i was in and the other done during a cultural celebration week at my college. i would get them done again too, i love the designs. and they're so intricate, i could never make them.

• I've had one and I'm not religious. I didn't even think they were religious. Many people do them for unique beauty purposes. It's just a substance that stains your skin. Just because it derived from a certain country and is commonly used in their culture, it doesn't mean you can't take it up. Plus, they know henna is being shared around the world and is used by people who aren't religious or believe in their culture and they don't seem to have an issue with it. Don't worry about it. :)

• I think they're very pretty. I don't think it's bad, but I know some people--like always--will be offended because it's symbolic.

• i've had a couple of henna tattoos before.. and they didn't bothered anyone so...

• I've had mehndi (henna tattoos) many times on my hands arms etc for weddings eid anyone can have it done really regardless of religion or culture it looks pretty regardless but try to use natural henna and try to avoid black henna as it contains unnatural chemicals like those found in hair dyes and can spark an allergic reaction :)

• Girls were doing this when I was a girl and I'm sure long before that. It's fine. There's nothing offensive or rude about doing it just because you aren't Indian or such.

• Henna has nothing to do with religon

• I don't see how henna is connected to religion. I would get henna if I had the chance.

• Did you not read the update?

• Oh, lol my bad. I still think it's fine to have henna regardless of culture or religion.

• im a Christian and I personally don't think tattoos are okay and that God made my body and I don't want to hurt but its your choice what you do that's just my opinion have a nice day :)

• Fair enough! You too :)

• I think that you don't know what henna is... It's not literally a tattoo because it's not inking your body forever. I'm Muslim and and tattoos are prohibited in my religion but henna is not because it's not inking your are body and I think same thing goes to Christianity. I don't think henna is a sin in Christianity.

• i don't think its a sin to do henna but "all things are permissible but not beneficial"