If someone/ multiple people say that you are pretty, does it really mean that you are?

I know your opinion of yourself matters most and beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in all seriousness, if people say that you are pretty... then you must be right? Haha (based off my profile pic :p)

If I sound pathetic, I have had a long week :p
Thank you everyone for the lovely compliments and honest opinions!

Most Helpful Guy

• Not if your a girl. These days I see average/below average girls constantly being called by their friends as beautiful/pretty, and by white knight thirsty beta males who say any words they can to get laid.

In short if your called beautiful a lot as a girl take it witha grain of salt. This whole thing of women constantly fluffing each other egos is why women think they are more attractive than they actually are.

What Guys Said 18

• Usually, that's how statistics works.

The only exception is when you are dead and in a coffin at your funeral. Then people come up to the coffin, look down, and they all say things like "They did a good job." or "He/She looks good." Guess what, you don't look good - you are fucking dead and, without exception, you really don't look good. People just say that for the sake of the family. You could look like The Elephant Man and people would still say you "look good" while lying in the coffin at your funeral.

• Hey you stole my catch phrase "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". In any case, what other people thinks doesn't really matter as what you think of yourself. If you know you're beautiful, then you have the confident and other people will see that as well and determine that you are indeed beautiful. On the other hand if you think you're ugly, then other people will see that through because you're probably gonna act differently; shy, less confident, and anti-social in a way.

• There is no single person on the planet that EVERYONE would find attractive. No matter who you are or what you look like someone will find you unattractive. If people are calling you attractive and you feel attractive then you're attractive.

• Not to sound too harsh, Often some pathetics guys say this to average looking girls to secure a place or be friendzoned by them.

Guys are like thirsty dogs in a field, and when they see something that resembles a female and is not ugly , they run and bark after it... quite like how Baarkmann says this to many girls on gag, and then get's blocked by them, and possibly a restraining order

• Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

To those people, you're pretty. Others may not find you so appealing.

Everyone's taste is different. :-P

• If many or at least several people say it then it's probably true. One or two people... maybe.

• I am not going to disagree with them, very pretty.

• I don't lead women on when i give compliments
    i mean it from the heart <3

• Yes I believe that if more then one person sez it it is most likely true and by the way you are absolutely stunning lol

• Define Beauty and Pretty..
    i mean, if you would ask this to a 1000 people you'll get serious results and will find out that everyone has his own perspective of what beauty and pretty is for THEM.

• To add to my comment; If i would come across you, on the streets, you'd be pretty to ME, based on the profile pic that is. But since im shy as fuck, i wouldn't say it out loud lol

• Actually I don't trust random people n my friends might say that to make me happy 😊 so it's like don't trust anyone n know what you are 👍

• So true dude I could not agree any more. It is hard to trust people in general.

• Ummmmmmm... You look cute to me (I mean it) 😊

• To the general population yes you are.

• If multiple people are saying it that's a double assurance that you are.

• You are not pretty don't worry

• Not necessarily. Guys say a lot.

• you are pretty

• I don't think real-life people lie very well about prettiness, so you probably got honest compliments.

While it's nice to get compliments, don't let them be the basis of what you think about yourself.

• No, it means you're pretty to them

What Girls Said 20

• It means that you are in their eyes.

But to be honest,

I already have a view about myself.
    I feel pretty and I love my facial features.
    So, whether someone tells me I am or not would not change how I feel about myself.

However,
    If you have no confidence and you're looking for your opinions of yourself to be validated by other people.
    Then you will never truly feel pretty because the way you feel has to be HEARD.
    The feeling isn't coming from within.

• It doesn't matter, if you know you know who you are then how others view you shouldn't, that's most problem these days though... their self-worth always comes from the opinion of others and not themselves, who cares what people think because nobody can make decision in your life except you so others opinions are irrelivant, i think when people say you pretty they make people feel crap about themselves because it makes you think what if you weren't? would they accept me then? and the honest answer is probably not... which sucks... i know how that feels because nobody ever noticed me until i lost weight, i've put most of it back on but id rather be fat than feel people would never notice me unless i was "pretty" lol, people should stop making such "compliments" to others, it should only be said by a guy who fancies you and nobody else, it wrong to comment so openly about anothers appearance... so what if someone is "pretty" but can they be any more vain by deciding on who they like by looks? lol.

• It depends. People often just say others are pretty to be kind or break the ice when really they don't think so at all. If it is an honest compliment (I don't think you can really tell, though) and you get many then I would assume that you are. All boils down to how you see yourself - that's what's important!

• I think it's more important how you see yourself. I haven't got a lot of people saying "you're ugly" or anything, but I'm sure some people don't find me attractive at all. But that's okay. I think I look alright and that's what important. Don't get a big ego because people say you're pretty, because everyone's opinion is different and there sure are people who don't find you attractive, but they just don't speak out their opinion a lot, because saying you're ugly isn't really socially acceptable.

• Depends on who is telling you that you're pretty and in what context.

• Chances are yes
    Nice dress tho

• YES IT DOES.

• I don't know. I hear it more online (which I do appreciate) than I do in real life. I'm just going with the thought that most people are average and so am I.

• Not really. Some people say that to make you feel better or to be nice.

• You do not sound pathetic.
    To be honest if I like what I see on the mirror, that counts most to me. And I believe beauty comes from inside. Not just outside.
    Just relax , you look good.

• What girls say usually doesn't matter. Especially your friends. They'll always compliment you because that'Äs just what girls do to their friends.

If guys compliment you, it means you are pretty (and they would like to get into your pants ASAP)

• That is sadly kind of true!

• Yes, in a sense it does.

You are very pretty and your smile is beautiful. :)

• Thank you! You are dressed like belle and we are the same age! I think we need to become friends because she is the best princess ever :)

• I shall do the same! I was thinking as dressing up as Jupiter from Sailor Moon or Belle... choices choices

• lol my best friend loves Sailor Moon

• Nah because some people can tell you with a straight face and smile and NOT MEAN IT. So I only truly believe it from myself and the few people who's words I trust.

• Being pretty and attractive are two different things.

• i usually listen to feedback. as far as appearence goes however beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• It means that you are pretty for them at least

• depends on who says it really... ahha i dont even know -.- ahha

• I don't know. People say I'm pretty and some even say I'm beautiful. I don't think I'm that pretty. I guess it's just an opinion.

• Well its an opinion, not a fact and people's opinions very.

Like you said beauty is in the eye of the beholder and more often than not we're not our own beholder.

• Yes, I think it does