The fact that she isn't the best looking is holding me back.

This girl obviously likes me, and we text and talk a lot. We are gonna go on a date soon, and eventually be in a relationship. I have never had a girlfriend before, and I think she is cute.

But everyone else is disappointed in me saying I could do better, and now that I think of it it is bothering me. I mean I love her personality, but like my friends are giving me crap for it and I'm kinda sick of it.

I mean she's not ugly or anything, but I wouldn't consider her pretty, prob just cute. On a scale of 1-10 ten being the prettiest, id say 5 or 6, and I know personality is what counts more, but its bothering me.

Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you are maybe to young to be dating if you are not confident enough to make your own decisions or make up your own mind about this young lady. And your friends aren't much of friends if they are only concerned about what she looks like.

You should be asking yourself how you feel when you are texting and talking. That's what you need to be using to measure your interest level. Looks are nothing. How does she make you feel?

I'd go for it if I were you...your friends are propably a little jealous.

What Girls Said 6

• Question: Would you rather go out with a girl who looks like a Barbie doll, cannot engage in intellectual conversation, seems bored in your presence and checks out the hot waiter at the restaurant? OR, would you go out on a date with a CUTE young girl, who likes you, engages in good conversation, makes good eye contact, is having a good time with you and laughs at your jokes? I think the answer is obvious.

Beauty is skin deep and it doesn't last forever. Who cares what "everyone" says? You might pass up a great girl because she is dubbed "cute" and not hot. Who's happiness matters here? Who will be on the date with her and meshing with her- you, right? Everyone else will be someplace else doing whatever they do.

It's bothering you because you're subconsciously worried about their perception of you. This is where you need to be mature and do what you WANT.

The decision is yours. Good luck.

• um I think you should def. go for her! who cares what they thinkk? you have to be the one going out with her not them, if she is great and you find her cute than nothing else should matter. Let them talk sh*t, once you go out they will see how great she is! don't ever listen to anyone, follow your heart :) beauty really is skin deep! I consider myself extremely shallow like I always look at looks, but if I find a guy ah ok he is ok cute and thn talk and he has a good personality and we talk I will not spend a min listening to anyone

• i have friends like that too, if they don't like her there going to give her hell whitch isn't fair for neither of you. if there really your friends they will accept the fact like you like her and she likes you!

• It shouldn't matter what others think of her. What matters is what you think about her.

• if you care that much about what your friends think to let them affect your thoughts then I don't think you should date her. I dated a guy like that a long time ago, I was chubby and not that pretty compared to other girls and he was a basketball player. don't think you are doing her any favors by dating her. if you are not satisfied with her and don't think she is good enough for you, let her go so she can be with someone who appreciates her. more guys need to start thinking for themselves, that's how you lose good women. she might not be the best looking but finding someone that is sweet, cares about you and is nice is a lot more valuable than looks because it is rare. if she is cute then she's not ugly, you just want someone to impress your friends.

• I guess its because guys at your age tend to go first for looks. Well actually guys in general hehehe (my opinion). So for your friends its hard to understand why your into her if she doesn't have the looks. But I guess your beyond that, which is clearly good thing, as you went past the superficial stuff and is interested in her for her personality, her way of being etc. I'd say go ahead! Looks don't sustain a relationship, but other things like fidelity, honesty and personality do. Don't listen to what other people say, you may loose a good girl because of that. Plus, I just realized your under 18 (which I usually the ugly duckling fase), so she may grow up to be quite the hottie (you'd be suprised how often it happens). If you like her, give it a try, you won't regret it!

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say be a man about it and make your own decisions. Who cares what everyone says. If you think she's cute then go for it. Forget everyone else tell them to f*** off.

• You like her personality, you text and talk a lot, and you think she's cute. Don't worry about what everyone else is saying. Just as long as your happy and she's happy, go for it.

• fuk your friends, does she make you happy?