What do you think about henna?

I usually have henna on my hands and wrists and sometimes even my arms.

But I was wondering if it looks weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Every eid when I was a kid my little sister would put that on, my mom would help her, it'd take so long and she would have to be all careful for a bit after applying it or it'd mess up. I would ball, I still ball. That stuff is hard to do and take patience.

It doesn't look weird.

What Guys Said 9

• Ah, it looks very beautiful, very pretty. It's originated from India, we call it mehendi here. And it is not at all weird, not at all. :)

• Very beautiful

• Never heard of it.

• It's acceptable.

• I have real tattoos lol but I love the detail that people put into the art style

• In england, we call it mendi... the punjabis and indians here call it mendii

• I see it a lot at weddings and stuff. Apparently it takes days for it to come completely off.

• I have donr it before but i only got my nick name on my right arm it was like this

T
    A
    N
    K

• In my opinion it looks weird. But you are certainly free to do what you like.

• Lol yeah. It's like a temporary tatoo but not quite

• I won't... Lol I was just wondering. It's not like I'm going to stop wearing it. I love it

• Fantastic! Enjoy it!

What Girls Said 9

• yup i've got henna tattoos on my hands and legs before... they last up to more than a week

• on the skin it's cute... sometimes. just make sure it's actual henna. some people sell something else that's cheap and highly toxic..

I tried dying my hair with henna once.. it washed out after two washings. that was upsetting. ;/

• I really like henna... I have done my own designs on my hand and arm once with my friend. (: My friend also used henna to dye her hair of course. (:

• No, I think henna looks beautiful. I had it done once and I loved it.

• I always wanted to try it, but never had the occasion :(

• I like it :)
    There are many beautiful henna designs that I love. I prefer the simple ones.

• I like it. It looks good.

• You mean like this? www.eyebrowthreadinghennatattoo.yolasite.com/.../5Henna-Tattoos.jpg
    If so, it's very beautiful. I love those intricate patterns.

• You're from Qatar, right? Ask the people around you - very different connotation than around here. Around here people assume "hippy" or "white girl trying to be 'cultural'."
    But from what I know of the Arab and "Muslim world," unless it's a wedding or Eid (or maybe a party), yes, I imagine it looks a little weird.

• I like it. And yeah

• You're so right about the hippie white girls with henna. Those girls are obnoxious. But as a legit cultural practice, I think henna is cool.

• It's like drawing using your wrist lol - not easy especially when the tube is almost out.

http://www.hennapage.com some good resources here mashaAllah

http://www.hennapage.com/henna/what/gallery/index. html especially this.