So I just bought some new thongs and it still feels like a permanent wedgie. What's the point?
Girls: What's so great about wearing thongs and why choose them over other options?
Guys: What's so great or sexy about thongs?
Most Helpful Girl
1. No pantylines
2. One step up from wearing nothing
3. The wedgie feeling does go away after you get used to it
4. Feels better than panties bunching up in tight jeans/pants/pantyhose
5. Less is more
6. We know men love it
1. Women's butt cheeks are emphasized
2. Makes us look a bit like strippers/porn stars
3. It's a statement from a woman, wanting to look sexy
4. Something wedged between the ass cheeks implies she doesn't mind something wedged in between the ass cheeks, period.
I think of thongs to be a bit like high heeled shoes. Women will wear something to sacrifice comfort all to look sexy. High heeled shoes are weird and painful at first, but after some time and practice, women can get used to them. Same with thongs, they feel like a wedge up the ass, but after a while, you forget about it. The look of a thong is likely a lot more appealing if a man gets to see us in one, so women will dress for dates wearing thongs if she thinks she will have sex later. For alone-nights or when she has her period, almost always women will resort to the briefs or something like it for better comfort. Thongs are usually reserved for time when women *know* they will be seen on her. :)
I never wear mine on normal outings. I have a few I will slip on only after a nighttime shower and put on knowing they are coming right off once my husband sees them on me. That's about ALL they are good for as far as I'm concerned. But when I was younger, I wore them occasionally to see if I even felt sexier, and after a while getting used to them, I really felt like I was just wearing them for nothing if I had no man in my life to appreciate them.6