What's so great about wearing a thong?

So I just bought some new thongs and it still feels like a permanent wedgie. What's the point?
Girls: What's so great about wearing thongs and why choose them over other options?
Guys: What's so great or sexy about thongs?

Most Helpful Girl

• For Women:
    1. No pantylines
    2. One step up from wearing nothing
    3. The wedgie feeling does go away after you get used to it
    4. Feels better than panties bunching up in tight jeans/pants/pantyhose
    5. Less is more
    6. We know men love it

For Men:
    1. Women's butt cheeks are emphasized
    2. Makes us look a bit like strippers/porn stars
    3. It's a statement from a woman, wanting to look sexy
    4. Something wedged between the ass cheeks implies she doesn't mind something wedged in between the ass cheeks, period.

I think of thongs to be a bit like high heeled shoes. Women will wear something to sacrifice comfort all to look sexy. High heeled shoes are weird and painful at first, but after some time and practice, women can get used to them. Same with thongs, they feel like a wedge up the ass, but after a while, you forget about it. The look of a thong is likely a lot more appealing if a man gets to see us in one, so women will dress for dates wearing thongs if she thinks she will have sex later. For alone-nights or when she has her period, almost always women will resort to the briefs or something like it for better comfort. Thongs are usually reserved for time when women *know* they will be seen on her. :)

I never wear mine on normal outings. I have a few I will slip on only after a nighttime shower and put on knowing they are coming right off once my husband sees them on me. That's about ALL they are good for as far as I'm concerned. But when I was younger, I wore them occasionally to see if I even felt sexier, and after a while getting used to them, I really felt like I was just wearing them for nothing if I had no man in my life to appreciate them.

What Guys Said 31

• It is suppose to have something to do with hiding panty lines on a woman. At least that is what I have heard women claim. When the clothes come off they can look sexy, but I don't think most guys care about how it effects a girls fashion by eliminating panty lines.

• I'm wondering about that too.
    I once bought one in a sale (less than $1.00), just curiosity.. I don't think I kept it on 2 hours.

• s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...66f1e90b1c.jpg

I don't know ask Joey from Friends

• I seriously have no clue. Tell me!!! Somebody tell me!!!

• nah never wore a thong basically... i find them uncomfortable

• 38.media.tumblr.com/.../...9eUjKe1qjqxmoo1_500.gif
    perhaps not a thong, but same shit same rules

• Shows off more ass and skin and when a woman bends over (sorry for being graphic) but you can almost see her asshole as well as vagina (which is a huge turn on and I don't like assholes either but it does add much more beauty)

• I dont see how you girls stand to wear that way up in your butt crack like that all day

• I just like them because they're more revealing. On another topic, is Edgar Alan Poe your favorite author or something? Just wondering because that's an odd username

• I like to write poetry and it usually ends up dark and much of his stuff was as well

• Cool I also like Poe. I've read a bunch of his short stories and a few of his poems

• I think it has something to do with being teased and the idea of it, and um revealing as much skin as possible without actually revealing. And most guys just finds them really sexy.

• We like them because they show so much. As for what girls like them fir, no pantie lines.

• Guys get to see more of the butt. That's about it. They do look unbelievably uncomfortable...

• Sisqo - Thong :)

• I like a girl in bootyshorts thongs don't really do it for me and y because I think bootyshorts make a girls ass look great shows off the shape better

• i hate them. you can't beat simple cotton panties

• a lot of girls wear them to feel a sexier. From the conversations i have heard other females on GAG have you need to keep wearing them for a week or so to really get used to them. Once that happens you will forget they are there!

May i ask what style of underwear you are currently wearing?

• Like at the moment or before?

• im not level 2 yet so i can't message :(

• to prove who i am i gave u a few helpful tips lol. u said wearing the thong was turning you on!

• They show more = Awesome!! What's not to love?

• Just shows more skin for us guys, that is why we like them i would say.

• i prefer booty shorts or boyshorts, but thats just me

• You get to see the girl's ass.

• it shows more meat nothing else

• I imagine girls' feels wearing a thong when my underwear gets stuck in my butthole.

• There is nothing great or sexy about a thong. It just screams, "I really am a slut!"

• i like thongs because they are sexy

• Shows more ass, end of discussion.

• OMG i just love how they are so tight, and they go right up their buttcrack, and it just constricts them and its soooo sexy.

But then again, this is coming from a guy with a panty (specifically thing) fetish...

• The more ass it shows

• Not much but basically just this

www.inflexwetrust.com/.../IFWT_Cakes1.jpg

• helloo... thongs were sexy since the 70s...

• They claim the don't want panty lines (which is sexy btw). No panty lines=thong=everyone still knows what kind of underwear you have on. Also cheekies are sexier

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 23

• It avoids pantylines, mostly.. i personally don't feel my thongs that much, now that I changed my size! I used to buy small size thongs and they weren, t comfy, but I now buy medium sized ones and they fit like a glove :)

• i would say no more panty line!

• if they fit properly they shouldn't feel like a wedgie x'D maybe you got the thick ones and not g strings. g strings are way more comfy.. plus no underwear lines

• I hate thongs. Some girls wear them so they can wear leggings, but I never have the pantyline problem with normal underwear so I never understood that.

• you'll get used to that feeling. And when wearing tight stuff, panty lines are not visible. I think its really ugly when they are visible.

• It doesn't feel like a wedgie once you get used to them. And it's good because you can't see underwear lines when you are wearing leggings. Plus they are pretty sexy. I don't wear them all the time though

• say you wanted to wear a dress or nice leggings with no embarrassing pantie lines and want a smooth look, you'd wear a thong it is great for that. but I actually like wearing them, I got used to the permanent wedgie and makes me feel like i'm wearing nothing weirdly but comfy.

• Absolutely nothing in my opinion. I hate them. I'll take boyshorts or briefs any day.

• I hate them!

• i think thongs are an intimate thing. i don't wear them that much honestly because it does feel like a wedgie

• A lot of girls wear them so they don't have panty-lines, because they're afraid of going commando.

• No clue. I avoid wearing them.

• Once you get use to them they're comfortable, you barely notice them and you don't get underwear lines in tight clothes

• I have no idea, they are so uncomfortable

• helps with certain fashion choices

• Nothing……..

• a lot of guys wear that

• Honestly, I hated thongs at first because they felt like a perma-wedgie. But once you get used to them, you won't notice it anymore. Now I actually prefer them! Briefs give only occasional wedgies and you have to pull them out because they're just so uncomfortable, but thongs are already up there so it feels comfortable since I'm used to it. But that's just my opinion. Also I have multiple dresses that I would not be able to wear with briefs, so thongs are great for that. Plus they make me feel sexy, even though no one ever sees them haha. I guess everyone has their preferences though.

• Cause you can't see the underwear line in jeans. Or sweats.

• Nothing's great about it. I consider them uncomfortable.

• 1. no panty lines
    2. certain pants are just so tight that its uncomfortable to wear extra fabric on my butt
    3. some of them make me feel sexy

• I wore them for a while - you do get used to it. Just stay away from ones that have nylon lace in the butt crack as it rubs. Why did I wear them? Cos my bf liked them so I thought I'd gove them. a try and then got used to them. Also, I hate lower cut underwear as the rub.

• Great for leggings and that's it