I'm Asian and I've been told I dress too "ghetto". Can I wear this outfit?

I get a lot of comments as school for dressing like this, they think since I'm Asian, I shouldn't wear these clothes. Do you think I look "ghetto" (Whatever that means!!!)

polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=155760198 (gotta delete the two spaces)

PS. It says I'm 16 but I'm actually 18 not that it makes a diff...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• If that is what you feel like wearing then do it. You should wear whatever you are happy with. If others think it's too ghetto then that's their problem.

• If you actually care about that then no you should pick something else. Personally I don't see the problem.

• Wear whatever you want!

• I don't see anything wrong with that. Don't let people's opinions get to you too much, it's your life and your story sister.

• Wear whatever you want as long as it's not inappropriate. Who cares what anyone says?

• lol fuck race stereotypes. wear what you want

What Girls Said 3

• I live in New Orleans and see ghetto quite often. This is nowhere near being ghetto. This is more tomboyish.

• Thanks! To be honest I don't even know what ghetto means! What do you think of the look by the way?

• I think it's cute. Not my style, but I like it. Ghetto is more trashy. Google images of ghetto clothing styles.

• Or ghetto women.

• You can wear what whatever you please, don't let others dictate what you wear. The outfit looks fine to me.

• Thanks, you don't think it looks "ghetto"?

• That outfit is nowhere near "ghetto". I actually have a sweatshirt similar to the one in the link. Lol, people may just be jealous of your style.

• Looks super comfy and cute to me. Don't worry about other people and their silly ideas. You're the only one you need to please.

• Thank you! You are very nice!!! Now all I have to do is ignore the people asking me "aren't you hot in that"? :)

• LOL! Awww! TYSM for saying so! It's your body and your look so as long as you don't give yourself heatstroke or sick you're good.