What's the deal with the rating system?

I've asked about it before, but I'm still in the dark.

It just keeps coming up. AGAIN and AGAIN.

What's the deal with guys rating girls? what are you being rated on? what do the numbers mean?

thank you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• don't think it means much , like when at a bar I might in my head think a girl was say a 9 out of 10 or something or less but it doesn't mean much and not the only factor deciding if I'd ask her out or try and talk to her , just means I though she was hot

What Guys Said 3

• Some ratings have different meanings. Its just not something that's written in stone and it doesn't really mean anything. Some guys would rate you on your looks compared to the type of girl they are interested in, other would rate you based on super models or actresses. The point is that the rating is nothing more than a simplified way to express his opinion to a guy friend how hot they think a girl is. Kind of like how showing a picture is better and easier than trying to explain.

• Would you date me is a rating based on attraction of the picture and the short description given.

That is what you were referring to right?

• IDK...

What Girls Said 2

• I think it goes to show that guys and girls think differently, because I don't get it either. Girls tend to be more descriptive than guys (we actually use more adjectives than they do), so we have an easier time using words to express our thoughts/feelings. Since guys are less descriptive, maybe it's easier to use the rating system.

I might be putting too much thought into it, but I don't understand the rating system otherwise lol

• I don't know either. I think you get points any time you answer a question, not just when your question is picked as best. So even people who leave lame comments keep getting points. That's why I don't trust the ratings system. There are people who answer a lot of questions, but they are clueless.