The way to overcome your insecurities... how?

i've been trying to overcome my insecurities and love myself but sometimes i feel very conscious about my heirght, scars and fat cheeks like "uhhhhhhhh i do not like it nooooo" kind of feeling lol

Have you ever felt this way? How did you over come your insecurity?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with your cheeks from some of the other more devious photos you have posted of yourself :)

But anyway! How to overcome insecurities?

This is not an easy thing. The first part is finding out how the insecurity works. When is it felt? When did you first feel it (could be early childhood)?

Then try to think why this insecurity is there.

Finally after analyzing, come up with a message to tell yourself everytime you start feeling that insecurity. A message that is not a sham, but one that you reasoned out. One that says you don't have to be that way anymore. Continue to reinforce yourself about it.

Grieving may or may not be necessary, depending on the insecurity. Do what seems good to you.

Hope this helps!

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay... I have the same problem. I struggled with acne in high school badly. I still get acne here and there but not as bad as it used to be. I have scars from it. If it is anything I am extremely insecure about myself, it is my skin. I wait for the day when I won't be so afraid to just go out into public without any makeup on and feel confident while doing it.

Your skin is gorgeous and you are gorgeous. I don't know why you are insecure. :)

I didn't want to do this, but I'm going to do it anyway.
    This is what my skin used to look like in 2013 at one point (I'm not wearing ANY makeup. I took this picture one day because I was happy my skin was finally clear in a very long time)

2013 (no makeup, finally acne free)
    i200.photobucket.com/.../...131225_zpsexqylhrm.jpg

Me right now (dealing with this shit again)
    i200.photobucket.com/.../...102749_zpslmz1k4wu.jpg

I felt like I had to share this. I'm not perfect... and I'm okay with that.
    I have insecurities of my own, but I'm working on it.

What Guys Said 11

• Umm, I'm not being the thirsty mist right now. But I love your cheeks no joke they'resuch on a turn (#^ ^#)

i1127.photobucket.com/.../....com-add-text%206.gif

• Lol thank you :) but sometimes they look just faaaat lol and i feel like noooo:(

• It is and I understand/don't blame ya ^_^

• Thank you :)

• I get pretty mad at myself when I start thinking bad of myself. I'm like "No, fuck that, fuck everyone, I'm awesome. Dude, I'm fucking gorgeous. I'm amazing!" it sounds arrogant as fuck when you say it out loud, but it really make me feel powerful and confident.
    I was very insecure, and still am a little, but that method has helped me a lot, now I don't care as much what others think of me like I did before.

• I felt like you many times when some gagers said me I am ugly but you are looking cute no need to worry you are looking Co... chweet
    24.media.tumblr.com/.../...96UIc11ruwgl1o1_500.gif

• i like your cheeks haha.

I guess one way you can get over it is to really look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself things like 'i look pretty today' or 'i feel happy today' or that kind of thing.. like give yourself a morning pep talk anytime you feel insecure

• Lol thank you
      Yeah i've been trying to wear makeup or wear good outfits to improve my looks but sometimes i just feel reaaaally bad about myself lol

• I feel very conscious about the same things as you, I have a scar on my cheek that is kind of noticeable. The only thing you can do is accept what you have and make the best out of it. I think you're pretty, and a smile on that face would be awesome :)

• I feel insecure sometimes - I just keep believing in myself till it passes.

• just accept your self, , and trust me, you're so cute, and if only one mans says he likes you, than you should be happy and overcome your insecurities already because many people will think the same thing, you're cute so i will say, i like you :)

• Awww you are making me sad. You look cute don't worry about being short I'm short too. 5"6ish

• You look adorable :D

• Stop paying attention to yourself and start paying attention is the best way.

• stop caring what people think... easy

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, I used to feel that way but it changed when I was 17. My sister asked me why I cared what random people thought about how I looked... and that changed my life truly. My thoughts about myself are what are important and what will shape my life, not other people.

1) Whenever you have a negative opinion about yourself, automatically counter with a positive one. Continuously. Good thoughts will make YOU feel good.

2) Look in the mirror and give yourself 3 honest compliments with a SMILE. You must believe them. In time, you will find that you will have more good things to say about yourself.

3) Smile always. There's science behind this that says that it makes you happier.

4) Realize that there will be people who find you unattractive... and that's OKAY. You will also find that there are people prettier than you... and that's fine too. Be happy for them.

For instance, there are two women on GAG that I think are incredibly beautiful and yet I am not insecure. I have also been called names and demeaned on here... lol.

But it doesn't bother me. I feel like I'm pretty and even if the whole world doesn't believe it, it won't change what I think. :)

You can do it. :)

• You just have to study yourself in the mirror and realize this is the body you were given, and it has been shaped and molded over the years from all of the experiences you've encountered.

You have to realize you're the one wearing the yellow shirt and sitting in the captains chair.

While outside events have the ability to leave their marks on you, in the end you're the one in control of your body and how it looks. You're the one who has the final say on how it gets shaped and molded. You're the one in charge of dressing it up or hiding it away.

Once you realize you're in control of your body and your body is not in control of you, then you're taking steps in the right direction.

• I think we've all been insecure at one point. I used to be very insecure a few years ago but now I don't feel that way any more. Others can't bring me down and that's a great feeling. I think the trick is to not listen to any hurtful remarks that others might have made in the past but look at yourself in the present. You are very beautiful and I am sure you must see that too. Tell yourself so in the mirror once a day and then name some of your best features that you are happy about. And don't worry about what you see as your imperfections because they make you unique and people will love them because it's you!

• Mei you look good! You do not need to worry really. We all have those moments. Just do not think about them too much.
    We are not perfect. But we are perfect in imperfect way :)

images6.fanpop.com/.../...tes-34581701-552-414.jpg

• er... just don't give too S.

• Mei you look really cute babe... we all have bad days and good days.. no one is perfect

• Insecurity is just another fear of not accepting your body as you see it. The sight of it makes you cringe when you see your reflection in the mirror. When it bothers you, just focus your insecured feelings on your feet instead of your head. Then move this tension up and sense how it would feel on your calves..., your knees, thighs, hips, stomach. Til it goes to your head again. Then try to release 'it' out of your head.

• Once you'll realise this feeling is just a feeling of your own and not from how people responded to you... You can choose to feel something else. But let it be a feel good feeling because of being alive and well and let all your body parts "absorb" it.

• Go to a love yourslef website. And/or talk to people who make you feel good about yourself