Is 16 too young to wear heels everywhere?

Basically people find it weird that I wear heels all the time and they think I dress 'formal'. Believe it or not I've actually been mistaken for a teacher before

I guess I favor a slight vintage look, I don't know, I guess I just feel good about myself in heels and nice clothes

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no right or wrong age.

I sell heels, among other ladies apparel. You have an expensive habit!

I'm not sure that age is the major concern, unless your heels are part of a bigger behavior, or subconscious attention seeking? Looking good and feeling sexy can be healthy. So long as it's done within socially acceptable norms.

What do your parents say?

Heels are usually worn formally for dress. You have stated that you like to wear nice clothes too. That makes sense! Do you blow dry your hair and do full make up every day too? The heels are just one element in a larger picture..

Then, heels are also considered 'sexy' and appealing - so be careful about perceptual image. If you are not a school teacher, do you really want to look like one or be mistaken for being 'older'?

Walking in heels adds an air of confidence and also sex appeal (social conditioning). There is a fine line between class, and ass. Be careful!

I would suggest that 'being mistaken for a teacher' may or may not have been a 'genuine mistake'.

It very well may have been an older male who was trying to flatter you or get your attention. Just saying... Be careful of the image you want to give off.

As someone who sells heels, my personal feelings are no one - regardless of age should 'always' wear heels. But if you feel you must, be aware of the health hazards of load bearing on your legs and ankles.

What Guys Said 9

• You can start wearing heels as early in life as you want. There is no rule. Just be careful about the possibility of ruining your feet. Don't wear heels that are too high. And learn to walk in them without hurting yourself.

• if u like them and u can walk them as well... y should it b bad?

• Yes. Why do want to look older than you are? Besides, heels on women, in general are particularly unattractive. And also so impractical, to be able to do things together while wearing them.

• IF want guys to think your are really cut/attractive, wear tall boots - there are different kinds, but, like, the leather ones with the fur are pretty cute, or high black boots with laces. Guys LOVE girls in tall boots. Then wear the boots in combination with black tights and a skirt. Now, that is THE greatest look I am seeing out there today!

• I don't think anyone should wear heels, especially seeing how it can completely ruin your feet and toes.

• Wear what you want fuk anyone else

• yea it is take them off... NOW

• Isn't that really uncomfortable?

• You can wear them any age you want, though I wouldn't recommend it, as most guys find them very unattractive

• Looks stupid and fu*** up your feet

What Girls Said 6

• You mean you wear heels everywhere? Isn't it kinda uncomfortable? I think it's ok if the heels aren't high, your feet don't hurt and if it's not totally out of context. I mean it would be weird to go to gym class wearing heels, or in the country. Rockabilly-vintage girls also wear converses, ballerinas and boots.

• I don't see a visual issue with it, but your spine and toes may disagree.
    http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/high-heels
    This links has some of the problems associated with wearing them. Might be a good idea to get yourself some fancy flats that go well with the outfits and start to alternate them.

• For me, it was too much for high school, because you walk around a lot. I remember one girl feel down the stairs, because of her heels. She had to be taken by ambulance.

• It's not about age. It just looks really stupid when you see a girl wobbling to health class in her 6 inch heels

• if you can walk in them there is no problem

• No way, I am younger than you and I wear them almost everywhere.(only not in the house, that is about it.)