Getting my friends into R rated movies

so I'm 17 but the friends I'm going to the movies with tomorrow are 16. Could I buy all the tickets and just give them to them? or do we have to have their parents buy it or sneak in?

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually they don't care unless there is a manager right there. Unless you get one of those people who follows the policies to the letter.

Best bet is to just try to buy all the tickets and go from there, if that doesn't work try another theater.

You could also ask a stranger who is obviously older to buy them.

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on a few factors.

Sometimes, no one cares. I bought r-rated tickets from the age of about 16, and I often bought a few extras for friends. We were never carded.

Other times, it can be more difficult. Some theater chains or managers will sell only 1 r-rated ticket per customer, especially for controversial or extremely gory movies. Sometimes, they'll card each customer when they tear the ticket.

• Those under 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. It isn't likely that you are either.

• Or at least they must be present to purchase the ticket for them, not necessarily go into the movie with them

• Like I said I'm trying to get my friends in...so ya I'm not a parent. and like I said I'm 17

• Yeah so it isn't likely you can get them in, unless like the other person said, the workers just don't care, which is a possibility. There isn't that harsh of a punishment for them not following the rules, so sometimes they just don't pay much attention.

• Buy all the tickets yourself with them not present, then rip the stubs off and go through the kiosk waving the tickets at the guy as if you were in before, came out, and are now going back in.

• no you have to be 25+ to do that

What Girls Said 0