Why don't women wear stockings or pantyhose anymore ?

Nothing is sexier than nice legs in sheer pantyhose or stockings. A glimpse of the start of long stocking tops under a short - short skirt or dress always keeps me interested in nice long legs AND the woman attached to them.

I thought your answer was the best because it was straightforward and sincere, AND realistic. Sometime we can talk about how many things have changed in our society for the better OR worse. The stocking thing was just a personal like that I have.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do sometimes. I don't know where all the other girls who do are though. =P

• So many woman I see in dresses are bare legged.

• Also, I hope your trip to Florida is a good one, I've never been. I'm a West coast girl myself. Are you going for business or pleasure?

• I was looking at the link you gave me and, yes, those are very different hose and they have some nice things for women. I like hose that are very sheer, but the color varies with the skin tone of the wearer. I just like them long and to encase most of the leg to the very top. http://www.stockingstore.com/opera-length-stockings-p/c404.htm My trip to Florida is a vacation with my brother and other family members. They have a time share. Thanks for the well wishes.

Bruce

What Girls Said 8

• Actually its a trend now and its back now ! since am into fashion and always up to date, although I have my own style and am not a follower of what's ON! stocking and pantyhose are BACK, whether its lace or nylon, they both hot , even those ripped once are extremely hot! but to me those are supposed to be only for Night... if you wear black ones during the day you would look like a hooker.. if you wanna wear stocking during the day wear the cute ones with color other than black...

I was shopping yesterday and I was looking for those lace stocking to wear them with short hot skirts.

Thier hot and sexy I think if the woman has nice legs she should always wear those every once and a while... they also make you look taller...

But if she has big fat legs she shouldnt be wearing them in public cause they make your legs look bigger!

• Because women stopped wearing skirts and dresses every single day which is why they started in the first place. They're also hot, itchty, and you have to replace pantyhose often.

But I do wear stockings under skirts and dresses if it's not too hot out. I like the look and feel.

• lol because they went out of style and because they always have runs in them ( link ) which is SUPER annoying... also, because it's warm with them in the summer (or anywhere warm)... but I think you can expect to see a comeback this winter...(or anywhere cold) lol yay for you... and yay for us who will not freeze our legs off... haha

wait where are you? Oh Cali... haha well I don't think you'll be that lucky then, maybe. but it's pretty warm in Cali to wear stockings... :p lol sorry

• They "always have runs in them" ? Well, the links you left shows a woman whose legs look better with the 'run' than they would if left bare..............Just an observation

• You are a good sport........thank you for your comments.

• Lol uh... thanks haha. :) and you're welcome

• ladders...hate the ladders. it gets expensive trying to replace them when they keep laddering and are a pain the in the butt to wear if its raining/your late running to work

• What are "ladders" ? Never heard that term ?

• Ladders are the little patches that appear (and they look like..ladders) when they tear or split. it happens often because stocking are made of delicate and often thin material.

• I wear them but then I'm more sorta into the whole retro look anyway. Stockings can be a bit fiddly and that's probably why most women don't wear them. Its just easier to bung on a pair of tights and forget about them.

• Great ! I was in London last September, and spent a week but confess I didn't get a chance to look and the UK women's legs ..............sorry

• I'm 43 and can honestly say that I'm just now starting to wear stockings again. As previously mentioned, they can be binding and a flat pain in the butt to put on. That and the fact that they just went out of style for a while. However, I would have to agree that there is nothing sexier than a stocking clad female... it completes the package. Summer, forget it though. Too hot. But Winter, look out. Short skirt, heels and stockings...

• Great ! Good to hear that. When you use the term "stocking" do you mean pantyhose or "stockings' with garters holding them up. I love the look of sheer pantyhose on a woman's legs, but I find that stockings and the view of a slight bit of stocking tops is very alluring. I think most women agree, or hope so anyway

• Mostly because they can be a real pain in the butt to wear!

• It's out of style and old fashioned. That's something the old ladies at my church wear.

Tights are coming back though

• Bare, pasty looking, shiny shins are old fashioned. Bare legs are for women too lazy to put on hose, same reason guys won't / don't know how to dress formally

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know but Victoria Secret lingerie is hot & sexy.