Is it weird that a shy and unassuming girl wants to get lots of body mods?

I'm hardly the vain type, I'm just artistic.
For years I've wanted to get tattoos and piercings, to decorate my body, but I never saw myself as the right 'type' because I'm too shy and 'beige'.

I've actually have detailed plans for all my intended tattoos which I have conceptualized and worked on for a very very long time, so I'm quite sure I want what I want.

As soon as I get a job and I have the money I think I'll get my first, which will be two Mario mushrooms, green and red on my chest. This is a painful area, I know, but I think I can handle it.

I think my friends and the people who know me will be a little surprised that I'm modifying my body like this, but its something I feel like I need to do to be who I want to be, to be *me*

In fact, the idea of being this unassuming person who is actually covered in art excites me, I think surprising people that way will be cool whereas before I was afraid of people being weirded out by that.

What Guys Said 1

• It will be surprising to some people yes. But if you have really thought it out and are sure you want it, just do it. Don't let people's opinion of you change what you want to do.

What Girls Said 1

• Girl, don't listen to anyone that tries to stop you. You even got it all planned out, get what you want done 👌