How come girls can wear short skirts and shorts in public but if a man wears the shorts of mid-thigh length, it is considered weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because in this society woman are known to wear short things and it is okay because then men have something to stare at. But if men wear short things and are not riding a bike or going swimming people question their sexuality. It is more socially acceptable for woman to bare skin than it is for men.

What Girls Said 3

• Because men and women have different styles. You would consider it weird if a man decided to go out in a skirt, wouldn't you? Plus I think in European countries guys wearing shorter shorts are more common

• Gender norms suck! Fight them!

• Boys have ugly thighs nine times out of ten.

What Guys Said 5

• Why can men show their nipples but girls can't and they get called sluts?

Questions of humans ;) we are weird and judgmental as fuc*

• Can't say I have noticed this phenomeon. Depends where you are and how warm it gets.

• Eff that I'm gonna go out wearing a kilt!

• Short shorts are out of style for guys. They were in style in the 80s. Stlyes change.

• Mid thigh? Because that generally isn't the fashion for guys.