Dress to impress. Does anyone besides me think that's a good idea?

does anyone besides me think that's a good idea? that maybe one day when you go to school, you dress professionally? to show everyone you respect yourself enough that you would look good. and not the good where you just make yourself not only look good and attractive but where you can feel good and attractive? does anyone besides me dress up at least once, in professional looking clothes, in their school year? or maybe when you just go out?

• I dress to impress!
  • Nah, I just look good. ;
  • Hmm... I guess I can do that, just once!
  • Got no good clothes to dress in... -sighs-
ok, there are some good answers. for me, when I dress to impress I got a new black satin skirt and a new top to go with it, but was still kiddish, and a good hoodie of mine. I dressed up, with the skirt and heels, but down with the rockstar shirt! ^_^

Most Helpful Girl

• If you look good, you tend to feel better about yourself. Now, I'm not saying be a vain individual, but I do believe in good presentation. It helps you get jobs, and it helps you meet friends and future boyfriends.

Adopt a style that you're comfortable with, but look presentable. Sloppy people won't make it as far in life. It gives off the wrong impression. I know that the most important part is on the inside, but people don't see that when they first meet you. We judge people without even realizing it. It's how we're hardwired.

Keep your hair well groomed, make sure you smell decent, fresh breath, proper fitting clothes, shake hands, and look people in the eyes. Just those small little steps will make a HUGE difference in how you appear to others, and how you feel about yourself.

I used to wear athletic clothes in 7th grade, and I felt like such a slob. My mom taught me to dress for my figure, and by high school I felt comfortable in my own skin. I found clothes that I like and were fashionable AND comfortable. Don't compromise who you are for clothes though. It has to be you...

• Oh, I like this answer! I didn't use to care about my look but now, I care.. alot. I try what I can to make myself feel better since my "friends" made fun of me. I just wanted to show them that I can look and feel good without them.

What Guys Said 7

• I think people will be impressed just by looking at you in general.. soley based on what your shape is, how fit you are and your confidence.. I like to dress simple.. white T.. athletic shorts or athletic pants..suit pants.. I wear jeans very rarely.. maybe once a year.. because they feel so restrictive..

The important thing is to dress for the occasion or situation.. If I'm going to a party with high school friends, I dress casual like I always do.. If I go to a really fancy restaurant, then I dress a little appropriate but of course I make my own style.. If I'm going to a meeting with colleagues, I wear suit pants and a dress shirt or white T..any comfortable top (because my line of work doesn't require suits or professional attire).. Its important to make your own style with the fashion you are provided.. that will impress peolple.. Personally, I feel really confident entirely based on my fitness, shape, my skin, whiteness of my teeth, grooming and my fragrence.. For example, in the past few months I've gained about 25 pounds.. so I got a bit of a belly.. I still dress the same except for the jackets sometimes when I feel extra self-conscious.. So, when I lose those pounds, ill be back to normal shape and dress in anything I want and still feel good and attractive.

Shape and fitness are the only things that matter anyway.. you can dress up if you want to impress and meet someone but its not like your gonna dress the same exact way every time you meet that person.. you can keep it up for only so long.

• I've got to admit I like dressing up. I love wearing slacks; most comfortable pair of pants a guy can wear. Working from home I could go to work in my underwear but even so, you will always catch me wearing casual dress clothes.

I'm an abnormal guy. I've got an extensive closet and I'm always making additions. I do own countless pairs of jeans and tee's and I do wear them, but there not my favorite clothes. Slacks and a shirt like seen in my avatar are my preferred style. There both comfortable and professional.

• Girls dressing to impress get my attention for 10" . Then I look elsewhere.

I wouldn't try to talk with them.

• Its great to wear dressy cloths. It depends what you want to get out of it. But, I think dressing like you what or who you want to be can be quite important. Example: You wanna be a rockstar, so dress like one. You want to be a girl, dress like one. You wanna be a business tycoon, dress like one.

• At my age I dress in outfits that match and I wear em like I own em. I think that's how I impress people. And my personality

• i do

• Famous line from Lean on me

"Self-respect permeates every aspect of your life. If you don't respect yourself, your not gonna get it anywhere."

What Girls Said 11

• good quesiton. I don't want to dress so that people can see my stomach or whatever obviously. I agree that some girls don't have standards when they do dress for school and they have half their top showing out and I honestly don't want to see that or a whale tail. I'm a girl and I get p*ssed when girls dress like that because then they wonder why guys don't respect them? or they don't care? but these are my eyes and I wish some people would dress decently and have some taste in clothes.

i don't mind wearing a hoodie. I like wearing jeans and a sweater but usually a dress but as long as I'm covered it's all good

• I'm not in school, but I do that every once in a while when I go out with friends or hang out downtown at the coffee shop. I like dressing up on random occasions. I don't really dress to impress other people, but if I feel like dressing up and find something I feel comfortable in that makes me feel like I look amazing, I'm going to wear it because it makes me feel confident. And that confidence catching other peoples' attention is just a bonus. It's all about how I feel in something.

Some of my 'normal' clothes are what some people would consider professional or dressy and even slightly outlandish, but I feel pretty casual in them. I have a weird style anyway.

• um yea why not. when I was in highschool I dressed up at least twice a week, just b.c. well I love shopping lol and two made me feeel good! I don't care about anyone else who thinks why she dressin up, etc. fake bla bla. made me feel good that's enough of a reason for me to dress up. now I don't mean mini skirt etc. like niceeee jeans. nice platform shoes and top. sometimes professional lol like interview just b.c. I felt like it. its how you act when you dress, don't walk like you are hot sh*t.

• I try to dress professionally for work but for school I still dress to impress but students aren't meant to dress professionally. I just try dressing neat and somewhat fashionably plus with my own style.

• I think dressing up for high school is a little overboard. Sure don't wear sweats with ketchup stains. But girls who went over and out to show everyone they could look good just looked very superficial, and fake.

• Yes. Not to impress in specifically.. but I can't see myself wearing PJs in my own house "beside bed time. Also, I believe in " THE FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE IMPRESSION THAT LASTS"

So, what you dress like is what the other thinks of you. Like if a girl dress profissionally well, I think they'll take her as a serious girl and treat that way. if a girl dresses like $@(!* well, that's the impression she's gonna give too!

• I like to dress up but not dress up unless it is necessary... As long as you're comfortable in what you wear, it's fine! ^^ Be You!

• i do! if you feel good like taht, why not?

• I fully believe in dressing to impress. I dress as nice as possible all the time if circumstances are permitting.

• My version of "Dress to Impress" is dressing in clothes that are me. Bright colors, kind of raggedy

to me that's the most impressive I can get.

i don't care about anyone else's opinion.

so I vote dress to impress cause I'm impressing whoever wants to be impressed by me

• Um it's okay if you want to, but I don't really see the need for it. I don't like to dress professional unless I have to, but I do like making an effort. When I was in school I liked to be cute but casual and not dressy, so when I did dress up it was more of a big deal.