Poll & Discuss: What colour nail polish do you prefer?

I put on some polish yesterday (see jpeg) and asked my husband if he liked my colour. He said yes, but said he prefers red on me. (Ask a woman and she'll tell you a *shade* but my husband just said red, as if that's all there was to it. LOL)

So I made these answers male and female specific.

Ladies, what do YOU like to wear?
Guys, what do YOU like to see on the ladies?

Sorry, there weren't enough poll boxes for more colours or even the French manicures, so if you prefer this, please indicate in your opinion box. Also, if it's shade specific, please say so.

(The colour I have on)

• I'm female: I wear reds and pinks
  • I'm female: I wear all non-traditional colours, such as blue, yellow, orange, green, even white
  • I'm female: I wear black and/or metallic or statements with nail art
  • I'm male: Red
  • I'm male: Colours other than red
  • I'm male: Crazy nails (prints, designs, etc.)
  • I'm male/female: No polish, or barely-there looking polish such as nudes or clear coats
Me, I usually wear taupes and nudes-like beige-y colours. I do wear red and like it, only I find it when it chips, it looks worse than other colours and don't wear it as often.

Most Helpful Girl

• I love nude, taupe, or opaque colors, it looks more natural. I'm personally the type who prefers not to "stand out" in style, and I usually dress in classic or sophisticated wear, so those colors fit more in my opinion.

• Yes, you're like me too. I have so many taupe shades in my nail polish box. I have about 20 bottles just of different taupes. :/

• Yep twins. I also saw something else you said in another topic about smashing things and I thought, "wow I'd love to do that". :)

• Oh haha, it's VERY fun. You should try it haha

What Guys Said 3

• I picked male and colours other than red because I think red is just too traditional and I am not a fan of the design ones so I am steering a middle path.

• Interesting choice. I find many younger women love more colourful, so do you prefer younger women? I used to wear gold quite a lot. Don't know why, but in my 20s I had acrylic nails and gold polish. Now I go very plain and wear beiges and sometimes reds. Since younger women tend to be a bit more bold (I was with "gold") do you think it's who you're attracted to also, or would you think it's fitting for women over 40 to wear bold colours too?

• I think women over 40 can carry bold colours - Again I will steer a middle course I am most attracted to women my age who are young at heart, I find younger women too "young" .

• I'm male and I like lime green

• I prefer red or black

What Girls Said 10

• Burgundy, violet, blue, black, nude, pastels, neons, holograms, and various nail arts. I tend to wear nude and darker shades more often, but when I wear colorful ones, they're really colorful. :D Here's the most colorful I've gone with neons:

http://i.imgur.com/cHCIgPZ.jpg

• I mostly like to wear darker tones, like grey, taupe, navy, burgundy, vamp red, and the likes.

In summer I also like wearing royal blues, dirty light blues, mint, red, and coral reds. So more like cool colors for me, except for coral red.

But since I work in gastronomy, I can only get away with nude looking colors. Boo!

• I like to wear pastel nail polish colors. So I guess that would be considered non traditional nail polish colors. Voted B.
    www.allfashionweb.com/.../pastelset5.jpg

• I polish my nails each time with a color that matches my mood. I love nude, beige, white, gray, black, red, whine red, all shades of pink, all shades of purple and aqua.

• I've thought of this too, as in, I'll polish them red when I feel feisty - but that's not a week-long mood. I might feel pretty low-key the next day and still be sitting there with flaming red polish on. With my base coat and top coat and proper drying time between all coats, my polish can last on my nails for nearly two weeks. I hate the thought of taking it off to put on a new colour for my mood. That's why I think I play it very simple all the time and go for neutrals and nudes.

• oh.. I see. Well, I usually polish mine once a week and whatever I felt during the day, I just express it with a colour. I don't match a colour with a feeling. Dah.. it's hard to explain. Yesterday I was feeling weid-bad weird and I polished it whine red. I just thought it would look cool.

• Blood red, black, deep blue. (: Darker shades

• I love neon colors!! :D

• That would be you, voting for B? :)

• yes! :) but i also like red, pink, black, pastel colors and I'm such a girly ahha

• I don't wear nail polish but I do like dark colored nail polish.

• I switch it up between red & black.

• I always wear red or sometimes I like a light purple.

• When I wear nail polish it's usually a red one, but I rarely wear nail polish