HELP! I need to remove permanent dye from my hair?

I'm naturally dirty blonde, and I wanted to dye it lighter about a month ago, so I went even more blonde.

Problem is, the colour came out more yellow than I wanted. How can I strip all the dye from my hair, and go back to my natural colour?

Pic: The roots are my natural colour... the rest is dyed.

http://imgur.com/p3MJpHK

I WANT ALL THE PERMANENT DYE GONE... prom is in 4 days!

Most Helpful Girl

• Go buy vitamin c pills, crush them up and put them into a cheap shampoo. You want to make enough paste to coat your hair twice. Leave it in your hair for an hour, rinse and repeat as many times as needed, but it takes the color out.

• It completely takes it out?

• Not completely, but enough to where you should be able to get back to a color resembling your hair. Its also not as harsh as the color stripper.

• Ya, I just want the rest of my hair to match my roots. If I use this every day when shampooing?, will the dye mostly come out to where my natural colour will show through?

What Guys Said 2

• Peroxide will do the job pretty well. Don't get it on any cloths , it will fade them

• I think you just need to dye over it. I don't think nail polish remover will work.

• I've already dyed my hair many times... I don't really feel like further frying the crap out of it and going bald..

• I'm not sure then girls can probably give you better advice. You're hair looked fine in your display picture, what the hell happened

• Yes it looks "fine". But I want my natural hair back...

What Girls Said 5

• It took me 2yrs to fully grow me natural hair color back out. After I had been dying it an auburn red for like 4yrs. Also my natural hair color is a dirty blonde as well.

You don't need to strip your hair color at all since it's already a very light color. Only time you have to strip it is when the hair color is to dark and trying to make it lighter. So all you honestly need to do is buy hair dye that's a darker blonde color. That way while you let your hair grow back out naturally it won't look weird.

I don't see the problem with the color of your hair in the picture. It looks amazingly beautiful.

• Unfortunately the only way to get all permanent color from you hair is to let it all grow out and cut it off. My suggestion would be to go to a beauty supply store and get a blonde close to the color you have with some ash to it. Once applied watch it closely so you don't turn your hair blue. Do not get an ash that has a green base.

• You can get hair stripper, but it's so bad for your hair!

• I'd recommend a salon pro do it.

But, at most places you buy hair dye, you can get a strip kit.

• just dye it a little darker , how did you bleach it?

• I went to a salon... and didn't like the results. I wanted to wait for it all to grow out.. but it's only grown like one inch in two months. I'll be waiting 8 years until my natural colour comes back