I am going to get my helix pierced soon (DEFINITELY WITH A NEEDLE NOT A GUN) but have heard a lot of different answers to these questions...
1. How much did it hurt?
2. How long did you keep the original stud in before changing it?
3. Did you get it pierced with a hoop or stud?
4. anything else I should know
Most Helpful Girl
1) it was more of a mosquito bit that lasted maybe 30 minutes
2) kept the hoop on for 3 months. Until my ear wasn't sore to the touch
3) I got a hoop. Sooooooo much easier to clean and rotate to avoid skin from healing over the stud
4) your ear is going to be CRAZY ITCHY. Make best friends with semi hot water and table salt. Clean your ear at least once a day and rince with warm water to avoid salt buildup. Get a hoop so you can rotate your piercing regularly. Avoid banging or touching to much it's prone to infection.
& no matter how badly it itches. DO NOT SCRATCH. It'll be the worse pain. More than getting it done.0