Girls with helix piercings, please help me?

I am going to get my helix pierced soon (DEFINITELY WITH A NEEDLE NOT A GUN) but have heard a lot of different answers to these questions...

1. How much did it hurt?
2. How long did you keep the original stud in before changing it?
3. Did you get it pierced with a hoop or stud?
4. anything else I should know

3

Most Helpful Girl

• 1) it was more of a mosquito bit that lasted maybe 30 minutes
    2) kept the hoop on for 3 months. Until my ear wasn't sore to the touch
    3) I got a hoop. Sooooooo much easier to clean and rotate to avoid skin from healing over the stud

4) your ear is going to be CRAZY ITCHY. Make best friends with semi hot water and table salt. Clean your ear at least once a day and rince with warm water to avoid salt buildup. Get a hoop so you can rotate your piercing regularly. Avoid banging or touching to much it's prone to infection.
    & no matter how badly it itches. DO NOT SCRATCH. It'll be the worse pain. More than getting it done.

What Girls Said 2

• Outer or inner? Very different pains. Inner hurts more
    The guy would not pierce with a hoop, I don't think any place will. They give you a stud with your choice of jewel color/style so it can heal and won't snag on anything.
    I never cleaned any of my piercing and never had any problems lol (but I also don't put products in my hair to style it and take a shower every day)

I was happy with how it looked and didn't change t for like a year.

• 1. How much did it hurt?
    - It doesn't hurt at all to be honest. It can hurt a little after and you can feel it pumping, but nothing bad at all. You should even be able to sleep on it after 1-2 days.

- I try to give it some peace and time to heal, but If I need too I can change it the same day.

- I make all mine myself, so I just use pretty much what I have lying around.

4. anything else I should know
    - No, it's really a very simple piercing, I wouldn't even pay to have it done professionally, but that's up to you obviously. In total I have made 8-10 of them on myself, and never have it gone wrong or ended badly. Honestly my homemade piercings are far healthier than the others. But if you don't have any idea what you are doing, then obviously don't begin to stick things in your ears.