Would you be embarrassed if your mom got a bikini?

My mom found one she really likes and wants to get and I am mortified.

I don't want to upset her, but I really would rather her NOT get it. D:

She isn't overweight or anything, she actually has a pretty good body. She looks much younger than she actually is, so if it was just strangers, I wouldn't really care... She just turned 50, but most people suspect that she is in her late thirties or early forties. But I just would reaaaally rather my friends not see her like that. It's weird and I'm not very comfortable with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would give her hell and make fun of her saying "MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!" Then she would probably tell me to shut up and try to hit me. :D I have fun picking on my mom sometimes, lol.

But in all seriousness I wouldn't care if she wore one. The only thing that would make me be weird out by it. The fact that she is over weight. Though if I saw any person who was really over weight/obese it would disturb me to see them in one.

What Guys Said 14

• who cares lol. let her do it.

• I don't see what's so embarrassing about that. My mom is almost 45 and I see her in a bikini every summer with friends and strangers. Nothing to be embarrassed about.
    It's your moms choice anyway. You can feel whichever way you want. You can make suggestions, but you can't prevent her from wearing what she wants.

• My mother has always used bikinis since I can remember, and I couldn't care less, I don't know why I should feel uncomfortable.

• They're pretty commonplace, so, no.

If she's fit enough for a bikini, hey, why not. Hell. I'm getting close to my fitness goal and look better shirtless every week... starvation diet+some working out. When I meet my goal I'll probably go shirtless everywhere!

• It's your mother's choice and not yours.

And your reasons behind it are completely unreasonable.

Therefore, I advise you to try your best to ignore your feelings regard this matter.

• When I was in high school my mother was a belly dancer and nude model, but as embarrassing as it is it's their life. But damn I was mortified! Especially when she hung a tasteful nude in our house on the wall. But I learned to deal with it.

• My mom is 82 and just stopped wearing a bikini a few years back.

She could pull it off though, so was never embarrassed by her wearing it.

• how/why is it embarrassing for you? she's a woman who takes care of herself. She should be entitled to her own fashion sense if she can pull it off.

Nothing indecent about wearing a bikini.

• Lmao! If she is hit let her enjoy while she has it going on.

• No. I don't think she'd key me in. And I wouldn't care either way.

• Nothing wrong with some hot moms in bikinis down at the beach :D

• i'd be more scared that I might pitch a tent on the beach.

• Are you afraid guys your age will think she is sexy or something?

• Considering my mom is fat and that she doesn't even wear shorts... Both her and I would be mortified. If she still had an athletic body like she did when she was young, then I wouldn't think anything of it.

What Girls Said 13

• I'd be glad.

At least that would mean she was wearing a top.

Last time we had a pool, she'd just buy bottoms.

• Do you think your mom looks better than you? Otherwise, I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed about.

• not at all my mom looks great in a bikini and we travel to the Caribbean AND Europe and often goes topless

• I would be more embarrassed about the comments I already know my dad is going to make about her wearing the bikini. But no I would not be embarrassed whatever makes her happy

• Not at all.

My mother is very pretty, she takes good care of herself & keeps very fit. She does not look anywhere near her age. She's in her early 50s but looks more like late 30s.

• No.. why would I. She can wear whatever she wants. :-)

• Yea I would she's 80 years old. lol hahahahaaha

• What does it matter...

• If she looked good in it, I'd be proud of my mother

• my mom has worn bikinis longer than i have been alive...

• she does and I am not embarressed

• I would be happy for her

• A really skimpy bikini alla something Donatella Versache (fuck hoe you spell it) would wear? I'd be mortified, but a normal bikini? No problem at all.
    It's not up to me, and even if it were I wouldn't mind at all.