Girls, I got a really bad dye job, how do I hide it for 2 weeks before I can dye it back?

I have jet black hair and I wanted to ombre it blonde, well the girl basically dyed all but 3 inches of my hair redish-straw colored blonde (we did it at her house and there was no mirror to watch her while she was doing it). Its really ugly and this is my last week of school. I know I can make it through finals week in a pony tail but I dont know what else I can do. Any styles or possibilities I can do to help it?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• You could go and get those hair highlight stuff to cover it up.
    www.aliexpress.com/.../1984124099.html
    Like these? I have like super black hair too and now the ends of my hair are blue! You could get the black or brown to cover it up. I'm not sure how long it takes to wash off because I just did it like yesterday but it lasts at least one wash. (from my experience)

What Girls Said 7

• I just had my hair bleached and the roots were WAY too blonde, so I bought temporary hair color sprays (the kind that cover up gray) to tone it down and fix it. You can also do an all-over tone in a more natural color (since the hair has already been lifted, the hard part is over). Check with your local beauty supply store like Sally's and see what they suggest.

• would a drug store sell them? and also its the entire back of my head, will it be potent enough? and also does it wash away? or is it like semipermanent?

• Yes, drugstores sell them, though they may be cheaper somewhere like Walmart. The sprays can work, but I don't know how much coverage you need, so if you need a lot, you'll need to do either a rinse or an all-over tone. If you do a rinse, those are sold at drugstores, too, but if you want to do an all-over tone, though, beauty supply stores are the only place I know of that have them (you'll need developer and all that good stuff). These are demi-permanent, not semi-permanent. Demi washes out; semi doesn't, and may cause hair breakage due to overprocessing (they typically contain ammonia).

• 0|0
  • You can wear a hoodie but I'm sure it's a bit hot for that. You can put it into a bun or you can use some sulfate shampoo highly concentrated that will strip out the color.

• I always shove my hair in a bun when I'm self conscious. You could wear a slouchy beanie at the back, do a milkmaid braid and wrap it under if it fits, look at cutegirlshairstyles on YouTube for some good ones :)

• Do a bun, wear bandanas, or a headwrap.

• Maybe a cute updo?

• i was thinking headbands for a while

• Whatever works for you. Now is probably the best time to experiment with different hair styles.

• Is shaving it all off an option?