Whats the use of primer, setting spray, mattifying gel etc?

I wear makeup everyday (foundation, concealer, eyeliner & mascara..) and i dont use any of those. I just wash my face in the morning with a clean&clear soap and then i apply my makeup
My T zone gets oily like every hour and i have to go to the bathroom to fix it all the time. Is it because i dont use primer/setting spray/ mattifying gel? what difference do they make? do they make a HUGE difference?(will my face stay matte all day, which this make my makeup look more natural? ) and should i buy all three?

i forgot to mention i also use powder

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes use primer but now I usually just put a very light amount of mineral powder foundation over my liquid foundation. It keeps the makeup in place and I also find my skin gets less oily. There have been a few times I've used primer, foundation, and setting powder but that's only if im going to some kind of special event or something and I need it to stay for hours and actually look good the whole time like I just put it on. For day to day life I think it's unnecessary haha I would just pick one.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• To be honest I don't use any of those things and my make up stays put. Sometimes I get a little smudge of mascara undre my eyes because I moisturise and put face sun screen on every day. Sometimes rub my eyes without realising. I sometimes put an eye primer on and that smooths your lids before eye shaddow.
    I don't wear foundation day to day just mascara and moisturisor. But even whne I go for more it stays there.

I use soap and glory make up and clinique moisturisors. Soap and glory's make us is really good!

If your t zone is getting oily frequently this sounds like it's becuase you are drying your skin out with the soap. Maybe you could find a light moisturisor?
    Again, soap and glory do good ones of these and clinique.
    If you strip your face of oils and don't replace it it will work overtime to replace it for you hense going shiny so much in the day.
    Then you may end up with blocked pores and spots, especially as you are piling on more makeup to fix it!

Could do with an oil free barrior benieth your make up. Clinique also do a foundation especially for oily / spot prone skin, it's good stuff and lasts, although costs a little more.

http://www.soapandglory.com

• What makes a huge difference starts with application. I don't use primer at all because I feel like it doesn't do much and is just a extra expense. I'd recommend rather investing in something like the beauty blender (doesn't have to be the real one, just a good quality dupe would be fine) and a good foundation and powder. The wrong foundation will make your skin more oily. I see it all the time with certain foundations. I don't even have oily skin but sometimes foundations can be the culprit of making the skin oilier. I've also tried using setting sprays and they don't work.

• Primer moisturises the skin, so that the makeup will look more smooth and last for more. If your face is oily, you don't need a primer.
    Setting spray and mattifying gel do the same work powder does. They help so that makeup last for longer and the face to look more matte.
    I think you need a good mattifying powder

• I think you should use as less products as possible on your face. For your oily skin, I would use some powder. Powder actually skin of absorbes the grease of your face. I think a primer doesn't do much for an oily skin.

• They are suppose to make your makeup stay longer and be more vibrant. I don't know how well they work it can depend on the makeup your using, the brand of the primer/setting spray and your skin type.

• They make it last longer and makes your makeup go on smoothly