Girls, does mascara make your lashes fall out?

I wear a lot of mascara every day. Someone told me that this is really bad for them, and it can even make them break and fall out! I always remove my make up with baby oil and I'm not going to buy waterproof mascara anymore.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not exactly healthy for them. So yes, it can make your lashes fall out.

What Girls Said 12

• It has never happened to me.

• No.

But it can happen - it's not the mascara, it's the vigor with which you remove it that damages your lashes.

• Um... no not unless you cake that stuff on like cement and then have to pull clumps off.

If you're that concerned, get a tubing mascara (blinc has a good one); it creates a tube around your lashes that come off easy with just warm water.

• No, it doesn't. I've been wearing it for years on the daily (along with make eyelashes). If you tug on your eyelashes with mascara on them or sleep with mascara on, that makes your eyelashes fall out.
    Also, instead of baby oil for a makeup remover, use olive oil. It conditions your eyelashes better and removes makeup better :)

• I used to have the longest, prettiest, most angelic eyelashes ever, but when I started using mascara everyday to highlight that feature my eyelashes started breaking off. I don't wear makeup too much anymore.

• it's bad for eyelashes as it makes them dry, then ultimetely fall out so be careful and make sure you use make-up remover before you go to bed

• It can but honestly as long as you take it off it isn't THAT bad, I wear it all the time and mine are fine. I mean I'll have one come out sometimes but not really more than what i assume is average

• You would already have to have bad eyelashes for that to happen, and if the mascara is out of date that would impact the lashes and cause irritation to the eyes.

• Yes. if you sleep in mascara it breaks your lashes and the constant washing pulls them out. This could just be my experience though.

• I started using Flasies by Maybelline and it's brilliant but it does make my eyelashes fall if I apply too much/keep it on too long.

• I don't wear mascara. Ever tried applying bit if oil or vaseline on eyelashes? Makes them look thick

• Ya mines came out easily when I wear mascara and I only wear it 1-3 days a week on average