...most women would rather look beautiful and have a low paying job that barely supports the family as opposed to looking ugly but having a job where their kids and husband never have to worry about money again.

I think looking beautiful is in our DNA, not necessarily in our mind.

Most Helpful Girl

• not true. I could live with looking how I do, which is average. and if I could make it to where I wanna go in life and have the job that I'm striving for (i'm going to have to go through at least 8 years of school to get there, if not 10 or 12) then I'd be fine with that. my aspirations matter more than my beauty. and the career I'm striving for would leave my family (if I have the time to get married and have kids) then we would be quite fine financially.

i'm at year one of all that schooling, but I think it'll be worth it if my dreams are realized.

What Girls Said 5

• well, I think that a woman has the right to be beautiful nomatter what-I know whatever job I work whether it will be to support an entire family or to suport just myself, I'll still get dressed up and do my make up because I like looking pretty anyways ;)

• I prefer to live comfortably so in that respect money is important to me. I don't want to live pay check to pay check.

I agree with you on looking beautiful, it's all gene pool based.

• I would happily look the way I do now and take a job with a high salary. If that means being ugly, oh well. Starting a family is the last thing on my mind, but if I had one, supporting them would definitely be a priority for me, not being beautiful.

• I'll admit it. Money's never been my biggest concern though. I would truly hate to live in a big house and have spoiled kids.

• If I had the choice I would rather be gorgeous and poor than ugly and rich. At least the gorgeous poor woman has a better chance of finding a rich man...then she would be pretty and rich. The ugly rich woman would still be ugly. Money is cool and all but I didn't grow up rich, I know what it's like to struggle. As far as being ugly? I'd rather be poor than ugly!

What Guys Said 0