Ooo, do you like that...

so I've read guys judge girls on how they dress.. more sexy = more confident... is this true.. boys do you like low cut, tight jeans, see through... or sweats and a bunny hug?

Most Helpful Guy

• I do like tight low cut jeans, and I also like the sweat pants.

But, this is going on the assumption that she has a great body. If she isn't physically gifted, then she isn't really going to catch my eye in the first place, which means it doesn't matter to me what she is wearing.

But also, there is a difference in WHEN she is dressing a certain way. Certain clothes might attract to her the kind of guys that she might not want. But, is she already has someone, then as long as she has a great guy it doen't matter how she dresses because she's not trying to attract anyone else. ...

... For example, dressing in the tight, low cut jeans when she's single might or might not get her a decent guy. But if she ALREADY HAS a decent guy, then that kind of dressing is something she can do without worry because she already knows she has a decent guy.

There are women who simply know how to dress attractively without overdoing it.

For example, take Charlize Theron. Even if she weren't wealthy and famous, she's a classy women who knows how to dress for the occasion. She'll put on a gorgeous red dress for a red-carpet event, a tee-shirt and blue jeans for a day in the park, and a string bikini for a photo shoot for a poster. And she looks good no matter what she's wearing.

So, being careful about how you dress until you get the guy you want is something you may want to consider. But also keep in mind, if you are looking for a guy at the local bar or fraternity house, the large majority of those guys are not relationship material.

What Guys Said 16

• yes but to a degree. there comes a point where its too much and its just plain slutty. rule of thumb is pick one, upper body or lower body. don't show cleavage if you're showing leg, and vice-versa.

Me personally I prefer girls dressed casually. When she's dressed sexy she's nice to look at, but not necessarily someone I'd approach. Here's a good way to tell you how I think about it:

Guys like LOOKING at girls who dress provocatively and showing off their assets. They won't necessarily approach them though because while it is nice to look at it also says potentially negative things about her personality.

Look at it this way: a woman who is dressed provocatively is like a sleek jungle cat: Beautiful to behold, and a wonder to admire. But you still don't want to get anywhere near it.

• Honestly more confident=more confident. Guys by large don't equate fashion with confidence. They look at fashion more like iccing on the cake and not the cake itself.

I still say if you have a body clothes that show those curves with class work well. It's easy to dress for guys girls just need to forget the "skills" they normal use to dress for girls which is completely different.

Low cut jeans work, cotton anything works, avoid sequins. Whoever wrote guys judge on clothing is prob selling clothing.

Confidence grows out of knowing what you want, what you don't and not flinching at whatever we throw at you. You figure out how to do that in your style with a grin and you will grab the imagination of almost any guy.

• Let me turn that around: more confident = more sexy. What you wear is less critical than your overall attitude. But since we're talking about clothes...

For guys sexy = good, but there are a thousand kinds of sexy. From "I don't know what I'm doing so I'll just show some more skin... Hey now all the guys are looking at me, yay!" through "If you don't get this one specific sexy thing that I'm doing with my look, don't bother trying to pick me up."

The first will attract every drooling guy in sight, though the ones with the immediate nerve to talk to you will generally be the trashy guys who assume you're trashy in return, while the second narrows the field significantly... depending on which guys you're surrounded with at the moment, there may not even be anybody with your particular predilections.

So you'll probably want to calibrate your look to your "audience" one way or another. If you're getting no reaction from the guys then you likely need to flatter your body some more so that they have a chance to notice it. If every guy under the sun keeps staring at your chest then you probably want to tone it down a bit. It's balance.

• I think confidence is how they present themselves not what they wear. Yeah sure sometimes its nice to see a girl I'm dating to dress nice, but that's because she's my girl. I personally think a girl looks her best is when she's in sweats/ PJs a guy t-shirt preferably mine. Of course this is indoors,not out. When outside, as long as she looks nice, and doesn't wear anything raggedy. its cool. answer this, don't women judge guys on how they dress? You might or might not, but have you not noticed other women do that too?

• Quit reading them magazines. They confuse the sh*t out of us men and are complete nonsense for girls.

Sexy is sexy, hot, attractive. Girls thinking they're the sh*t will probably be more daring. But this usually ends up getting them only jerk men and end up believing all men are jerks.

• yes, to all of those

• Doesn't always mean more confidence, could mean plain slut. A girl with confisence can work with what she's got instead of wearing things that can be taken off so easy

• more sexy doesn't always = more confident.

For me it's all about dressing for the occasion. Sexy clothes are sexy - but then if a girl seems to feel the need to always put in a load of effort, to me it indicates insecurity. A girl in sweats can very hot - and shows she's not insecure about her appearance.

That being said, wear a sexy dress when you go out pubbing / clubbing / nice resturant / whatever.

and low cut, tight jeans are HOT.

• NO, a women who dresses slutty normally is!

More confident no, it just shows that the only way to get people to look at them is by trying to dress like a tramp, they are insucure!

I really like tight jeans on a girl which nice shoes and like a vest bloose shirt you know. makes women look great and not slutty. This means they are more approcable cause the look more friendly and are more intrested in the good things in life and not JUST SHAGGING!

Sweats are great, I love a girl in sweats... Dead casual not botherd wht people think just happy the way they look...

• Sorry to be random. Just read your comment and I really thought guys liked girls dressing slutty? Cause my b.f tells me what to wear and checks out other girls so when I decided fine if that's what you want then that's what you'll get.. He was upset and growled me and we argued. BUT I don't understand why he would react that way? I saw where his eyes were looking and all of a sudden if I dressed like that he had to cover me up so no one would see me?That's confusing?

• Hey, Yeah because cause your his GF, he only wants to see you at your best when your with him... It gives him and ego boost (ie she's my GF)... When your going out with your girle friends, does he by any chance want to know wht your wearing?? Most guys out there are predators and you Boyfriend knows this... So when he's not with you imagine what running through his head, there's my gorgeous Girlfriend looking amazing and I carnt get to be with her, but when some other guy gets to!!!! yeah its crazy but true.

x

• There is a different between sexy and slutty for me. A girl can be sexy wearing almost anything, although its better if you dress up a little nicer, where as girls who dress like sluts wearing low cut dresses and pants where you can see a thong are kinda hot, but to me it just advertises sluttiness. There's a difference between looking hot, but still being modest, and dressing like some stupid club ho.

• a hottie is gonna look good no matter what she wears

i look right thru all that with my ex ray vision :p

• I like if women show their cleavage and generally speaking if they show what they have. I don't know what it has to do with a slutty style? Maybe the guys are only afraid?

Moreover if there is a well-built guy and he shows his muscles no one say he is slutty or so. Therefore, why a woman can not show her advantages? Women be more self-confident and show what you have.

• Well a lot of guys do judge based on what you wear. If you go out of your way to look cute, like the bright pink skirt and the logo shirt, then you are probably trying too hard. Personally, I go for girls that look comfortable, jeans, a hoodie, its easier to talk to a girl that is comfortable in her clothes rather then a girl that seems to have a piece of rebar jammed up her a** because she wants to be cute.

• TJ

• i like to see tight jeans and booty shorts

• I think the situation should determine the way a girl dresses; ie a night on the town = something nice, getting dolled up, the whole nine yards vs. hanging out at home = jeans or sweats and a t-shirt.

What Girls Said 7

• If you are good looking and dress sexy, you will get more attention but that does NOT mean you will get a quality guy. You will simply spend more time weeding through guys who really are just thinking about one thing with you. I also believe that some great guys would be too intimidated to talk to a too-sexily dressed gal for fear she is already taken or otherwise unattainable.

If you are good looking and you dress nice but not "sexy", trust me, guys are still seeing the outline of your figure. If you are wearing baggy clothes, have disheveled hair and otherwise look like you just rolled out of bed, well that isn't a good look, but pulled together without looking like a librarian or a hooker is a nice middle of the road look that a lot of quality guys will respond to.

• Agreed. out in public no its not attractive, talking about the second paragraph. but at home. I LOVE IT. Also I do get intimidated by a girl who is too sexily dressed when I don't know her. Makes me think, is she a whore? Is she taken? Is she stuck up, and has to high values for her own good aka bad personality. while if a girl is dressed nice, casual... pair of jeans, nice shirt that actually fits. hair is nice, limited make up. (not a fan at all for makeup) then she's golden :)

• In the end, it all depends what kind of guy you would like to attract. If you dress modestly, with no cleavage etc, then you will attract the guys who will like you for who you are as a person, and they will respect you. If you dress sexy, you will attract the guys who like you for your body.

• yeah definitely guys are into more revealing clothes. but it depends on his personality. some like a more reserved girl, some not so much

• Honestly, I think a confident woman won't show of all her assets. I think it's easy to rely on your breasts, legs, back or whatever else you want to show, instead of relying on your wit, humor, or conversation skills. THAT takes guts. For a woman to show a man just how smart she is Don't get me wrong, I don't dress like a prude, but I definitely changed how I dressed from my days as a 21 year old "clubber". And the quality of guys changed (for the better) as well.

That's fine for guys to say that the chick whose boobs are falling out is "gutsy", but I'd beg to differ. I'd say she lacks self respect. I know my boyfriend would offer me his jacket if I paraded around with everything falling out. And you know what, I think he's right- why should he have to share what I've got with all the other men in the room?

• Girls who wear slutty clothes are desperate for attention and the only attention they get is as sex objects. Sad, but true.

• What happened to the real definition of sexy? Pencil skirts and confidence? Great style worn appropriately? Why do women think 'sexy' is a synonym of 'trashy, slutty, street corner whore'? I am female and I tend to dress sexier than most. But I would never wear any of the above. Tight jeans are unflattering, I wear mine fitted, but usually you'll see me in skirts or dresses. Classy things that show off the fact that I'm a women.

• wow all these guys answers just made me like them more. I mean I was confuse about it but now it finally makes sense.I've a;lways wondered abou this question and now I finally have answers. Thank you guyz!