What do you think about waist training?

It's where women wear corsets to make their waists tiny

Cathie jung (this is her real waist)
What do you think about waist training?

Most Helpful Girl

• I say go for it. As long as the person isn't hurting their health I don't see a problem.
    I read a few articles and they pretty much all said it wouldn't last for a long time because the fat is just being re-positioning elsewhere and not really disappearing.
    That being said, I think women can do it if they feel.

What Guys Said 7

• Terrible idea. Never date or hang out with anyone who finds this attractive or wants you to do it or even would encourage you if you did do it. Bad Idea. Stay very far away.

• So unnatural and overall disgusting! That first girl doesn't even look human anymore D:

• Ironically her husband loves her to look that way. She has been doing it for over 50 years

• Well to each his own but I never want my wife to go through any form of body altercation based on minor imperfection and insecurities.

• I'm not into the way it looks, but if you like it then more power to you. Is this like your first question ever?

• Ewwww! Looks weird, unnatural, unattractive, and uncomfortable. Basically I see no reason to do this. :O

• "Waist training" or corsets... I don't think they are healthy as they would be shifting your internal organs up or down. I find it interesting that you've used a Christy Mack pic

• Wouldn't know who she is. Just seen her using it and she had some before and after pics

• Omg no! I'd love to make my waist smaller but not in this way. Seems painful and just too much work

• Thank god for that. In the 1920's even guys wore corsets apparently... that's a disturbing image right there, but I watched a documentary and it mentioned that all of the internal organs were pushed either up or down which caused havoc to natural bodily functions.

• It is freakishly disgusting. I am attracted to natural women.

• Every time I see these ladies or people wearing corsets/elastic wraps:

"Soooo... why not just go to the gym and lose weight? It's natural, and it's permanent no matter what clothes (or no clothes) you're wearing"

That is more for the women that wear them to look slimmer, and not so much these people trying to pinch themselves in half.

What Girls Said 12

• i think if you can handle it, rock it! i did it for a short while, but had to stop since i was having babies.. LOL! i hope to once again start training, but corsets can be time consuming, uncomfy at first and pricey! but oh so worth it for a shape you like. corsets are absolutely gorgeous!!

• Yes I do love corsets myself. I've never owned one but I have heard they are great for getting your body back after baby

• i had signed up for a corset making class when i lived in ohio, in toledo. some are SO detailed and restricting. and yes.. they DO move your organs around, but they did an xray on the first lady's pic, she is FINE, it is such a gradual process no harm is done. it's safe. no worries. i say if you wanna... DO IT!

• Looks weird and it's definitely bad for the soft and fragile internal organs. It actually shifts the organs out of place so they no longer work properly.

• It just shows you how people disregard their own health and wellbeing for aesthetic appearance. The smaller waist may look good but those organs inside for sure won't 😳

• I would NEVER wear corsets. If thid is what considerd "desirable/beautiful", then I don't want to be beautiful. Lol

• I'd like to try it... I want my rib cage smaller. But my parents are like "you're already small, why can't you love your body"

They don't understanddddddd

• I've seen much better waist training results than them. They look awful.

• I have a few corsets they are uncomfortable to wear
    and move in, but I like them on saying that I rarely wear them

• Looks actually really good on the second woman

• It's not good for the organs & the first lady looks really weird.

• It looks unnatural :/

• I think it's dumb. It's like a lazy way of losing tummy fat.

• That can't be healthy. It looks like they're squishing their organs together and putting undue stress on them. Looks painful.