Is a guy who swears more often, obviously not every other word, and is mature about it less or more attractive than a guy who doesn't swear at all?

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy who swears a lot is obviously not mature. Of course everybody cusses but when its too often it just makes them look vulgar

Neither extremes are good, because a guy who doesn't cuss at all, would make me feel bad if I cussed every now and then

What Girls Said 4

• occasional swearing-like there is a time and place for that-sure it's understandable

if it's every 3rd word in his sentence then no-i wouldn't be able to listen to him when he talks.

• i wouldn't stop liking a guy just because he swears. it doesn't really matter to me, I swear a lot tho and it doesn't stop me getting attension from guys. I guess its just one of those things we do. I personally like it when a guy swears cause I'm into 'bad boys', but that's just me ;)

• swearing isn't really a trigger of attractive or not for me. Sometimes it is obnoxious though like when people think they are cooler because they do. Basically as long as you aren't acting like a tool, your swearing is just part of the way you talk

• Occasional swearing is fine. It's not more attractive if a guy doesn't swear.

What Guys Said 2

• Profanity is sometimes irritating.. there is a time and place for it and I prefer it to be only around close friends.. like I have about four really close friends and around them (in private) I use swear words but ofcourse only when I'm really passionate or sarcastic about something and I'm trying to express my point to them.. But once, my friend (brandon, who is immature) used some innapropriate profanity in front of my other friend (michele, this beautiful girl who is as mature as I am and who he never met before) and after he left, she asked me "why do you hang out with that guy?".. I said "i don't know .. I just don't know"... truth is, I was extremely embarrassed because she thuoght I always assoicate with immature people.. and I dont.

So yes, there is a definite time and place for swearing.. absolute no-no's are in the house with family.. in front of parents ever.. and in front of strangers.. but I think that's just how I was raised.. and I like it.

• Any kind of swearing is viewed as uneducated and immature. But also is the tone and reference that is used. I know a lot of people with masters or in grad school who swear more than I can bear with. The point, profanity and swearing is not really attractive in any scenario or age group.