Can an attractive girl pull off nearly any accessory or outfit that would usually be considered weird if a less attractive girl wore it?

This came to my attention after reading a question on here about wearing cat ears. I just started wearing them myself, I think they look super cute. Like people said though, you unfortunately get a lot of unwanted attention. However, most of the attention in my case has been good. I've gotten multiple compliments in a matter of minutes before. People tell me how cute I look or that they love my ears (in a genuine tone). My friend says the only reason a majority of people respond positively to my cat ears is because I'm really cute and above average attractive. He says if I were "ugly or fat" most people would probably say I'm a freak and laugh at me. What is your opinion of this? Do you agree with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. If Beyonce went to the Grammy's with a trashbag on, it wouldn't be glamorous.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah! I would agree to an extent, but it isn't always the case.

What Girls Said 4

• It's not how pretty you are, it's how confident you are and how you carry yourself

• That's a great point!

• I agree with him. Its just how society is.

• It depends on how the individual sees themselves. If they love the item and they are confident in it than it doesn't matter how attractive they are :)

• I agree with you! However I feel like this is more of a girl way of thinking. I think guys would base it solely off physical attractiveness.

• If you have the confidence, you can wear anything. haha