How important is a tan?

Is it something that guys look for or do they just not care? Just wondering.

Most Helpful Guy

• The hottest women I've found had either no tan or an all-over tan---no tan lines.

What Guys Said 8

• tanned girls can be pretty. but so can pale girls. tans don't do a thing for me. additionally, tanning = higher skin cancer risk and prematurely aged skin. a tan looks kewl at 21 years old, but looks like a weathered cowboy boot at 41 years old.

• In a range from 1-10, I'll give tanning a zero.

Tanning is unhealthy and unattractive.

• Everything in life gives you cancer.

As long as you don't go to the tanning bed everyday, you should be fine.

I find that everyone looks better with a tan, with the rare case that someone looks better pasty white.

• doesn't matter to me. I don't like the looks of fake tans and when someone tans too much though

• not important...unless you like the spray on orange glow and getting laughed at by most of society. In truth...tanning is detrimental to your skin...so just be natural.

• natural is better than fake

and don't go tanning

studies show tanning has a direct correlation with skin cancer

• tans don't really matter to me. I mean, look at that chick from paramore, she's pretty pale but she's HOT.

• Google "Melissa Midwest" a multi-multi millionaire.

What Girls Said 2

• wellll I have NO tan whatsoever- my nickname is chalky haha ssoo yeah

and guys never seem to mind, I get quite a lot of interest even with my paper white skin lol

i think the most attractive thing about a person is whther or not theyre comfortable and confident in their own skin, things like tans really don't seem to matter

and if it did then that guys obviously too picky! :) x

• Sometimes if tanning is done right it looks nice, and can be saved for special occasions, but honestly think about it. In the long run wouldn't you prefer your partner pale and healthy rather than tan and wrinkly by the time they're forty? Not to mention the health risks for skin cancer. Many people think the risks are only minor, but basically UV rays are being applied directly to your body to give you that "tan" look. In my opinion its a stupid trend and I feel no remorse for girls who turn out looking "black" or "orange" due to bad tanning.