How should a girl dress on her first date?

I want to impress my date but I don't want to look to slutty or anything but also not to boring and plain. Would a dress work or some jeans would be good? Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Match colors. A little plunge in the neckline and a nice turn of the mid thigh should be enough to let the fellow know what MIGHT lie in store for him. However, I THINK you want him paying more attention to your personaliy and your mind at first don't you?

Mostly it depends on where you are going. And as for looking slutty... please don't. Guys don't want to be seen marring a slut... but that doesn't mean you cannot be one in the bedroom.

My mother advised my sisters that a good wife would be a gourmet chef in the kitchen, a complete lady in the parlor and a complete WHORE in the bedroom!

I always looked for a girl like Mom but never found one. :(

What Guys Said 9

• as casual as possible. the first date needs to be in a casual setting to lighten the mood so that you can laugh a lot and get to know each other better. only places that call for jeans and a good looking top can really provide that kind of setting.

jeans and a good looking top, definitely. if you're going to a place that calls for a fancier dress code then I can almost guarantee you the date will go horribly. those places are HORRIBLE first dates.

• I would suggest wearing something modest, but that will accentuate your femininity. Something like a sundress, that would contrast well with your skin tone and bring out your eyes. Being as it is getting cooler though, something like a warm blouse with a longer skirt to keep you warm. Maybe with a scarf or something of that nature. You may want to plan ahead if you want to test his chivalry and give him an opportunity to lend you his coat *hint, hint*.

Shoot for feminine, fashionable, but modest. (Men get sick of seeing girls in jeans...I hate them on women, personally).

-Count D.

• that depends what type of guy is he

• Just as usual.

• Wear something casual and comfortable on your first date.

• 99% of the dating reality checks here say a girl would wear jeans and a t-shirt to a first date, so if you want to camouflage yourself and make yourself completely invisible and uninteresting, hell, go with the jeans and t-shirt combo.

• it depends on the type of date, usually jeans, with some heels and a v neck shirt is good. sorta a sporty casual

• i think that a dress which is not too revealing but shows ur are available is enough

• Bikinis.

What Girls Said 9

• Depending on what you doing on your date.

A casual dress is good for most occasions unless you are going to someplace dirty like the fair or a hayride or something.

Jeans and a nice top are standard and work for most anything except if you are going to a really nice restaurant - I'd wear black pants and heels instead of jeans.

Either way, don't go putting your breasts out there or wearing clothes that are skin tight. The guy wants you to look good for him and that you took some effort and thought in your appearance - but you don't want to send the message that you are easy and he doesn't have to work and earn your respect and affection!

Good luck!

• It depends on the guy.. and what your style is and what the date is about... if its all fancy and posh.. go for a dress, that shows off your figure but isn't too sluttsy... like don't show too much cleavage and too much leg... choose a colour that matchs you, but you know he likes...

If its a casual date... go for some jeans or maybe something different.. like a long denim skirt with a great slit, until your thigh.. so you can show off some cool boots... and then a turtle neck... with a cute hair do.. would go well... or else... go for the jeans and tee... but make sure the tshirt is cute... and shows off your good points.. Try this... a white tee.. basically plain... and 3-4 jeans... littish darkish blue... and ballet shoes.. with green, yellow, white, and pink sequins... then tie two pigtails or else 2 braids... or else... a really high messy updo... lots of cute accessories and you good to go..

for make up... if its daytime... go for natural...with extra eye liner and mascara.. than lipstick.. if its night.. go dark and red... get dark maroon lipstick and use the smoky eyeshadow... its great...especially if its a formal evening...

• it depends on your style too

i'd just wear a dress that flatters my body shape with a cardigan and something comfy to walk in like ballet flats or winter boots. have fun on your date :)

• It really depends on wear you're going like, you woulden't wear high heels to an outdoor walk or a jeans and a tee out to a nice resturant!

Here are some examples of apporiate date clothes:

Stuff for a fancy night out/meeting the parents:

link

link

Something for a rock show,movies, casual date(pair with jeans):

link

link

Something for the outdoors:

link

link

link

• I agree with many of the other answers. It matters where you are going. I think wearing a fun, playful color that looks good on you is the best bet. If you are doing something outdoors/ getting involved with nature you might wear jeans but I think a dress or neutral pant is better in most situations.

I would stay away from dull or washed out. Just a suggestion.

• if you wear jeans, wear a dark color. darker jeans are much more sexy and your not even revealing anything so no need to worry! don't wear a thong, even though you're wearing pants still if he sees it it's labeled slut. um like a nice top would be something with a scoop neck, not a v-neck because those only show cleavage but like a low round neck. I find guys like subtle stuff, not like obnoxious orange. I wore a light ish pink and some dark skinny jeans and some ballet flats. he said I looked adorable. which means he did't think I was slutty or too conservative hope I helped :)

• if he's taking you to real nice resturaunt, then I would wear a sexy short, tight dress and strappy high heels.but if your doing something else, then screw it, wear jeans, but not any jeans honey,i mean the jeans that make your ass look fabulous.you know, low cut, tight, hip hugger jeans.and then if you want to dress it up,put on high heeled boots, or highheeled clogs.a cute shirt, and then hoop earings, and some bracelets and then your done.just an idea.hope my input helps chica.

• wear something that is classy, but add something with a little spunk or something that is unusual to it. A weird necklace, an interesting jacket. These show individuality and could be a conversation piece.

• Yes. Nothing too slutty and nothing too conservative but its better than looking trashy/slutty. Maybe a cute top with a nice neckline that kind of shows off what you have a nice jeans with cute casual boots and nice accessories to match it.