Best outfit for a first date?

Would like aome advice.. I like these two styles.. And have 2 similar dresses. The button up I have is a tight pattern with a red base with short sleeves. The other is a pink summer dress. Which would be better for a first date for casual lunch? I'd wear tennis or flats with either. Also I'm on the heavier side and kinda short. I'd most likely wear a cardigan with either as well. Yay or nay? Is red more appealing than pink? Is the the summer style dress too much skin? Should I wear a cardigan?

• pink summer style dress (shows more skin)
  • red button up short cap sleeve dress (similar to black dress shown)
Oops!! It didn't upload lol! OK here is the link!!
http://imgur.com/gmp8MAx

Most Helpful Girl

• So, if you are a bit heavier, then I would say the pink. Not based on color but that it would be more flattering. The black (what would be red for you) dress looks very top heavy, so if you have boobs, you are going to look very puffy on top. Is the pink dress just like the pic? You could always wear a light bolero jacket.
    www.lillianboutique.net/.../...ze-s-m-l-xl-xxl.jpg

• Ohh great tip!! I actually the red does make me look bustier, the pink dress is very similar, more rounded neckline not so sweetheart.. But it shows a lot if the collarbone and bust. Maybe too sexy? I like the bolero idea!! Thankyou

What Guys Said 4

• I like the one on the left more

• I like the one on the right

• Thanks for the vote, but oh no lol it seems that guys are 50/5) split in the votes right now haha

• That helps quite a bit actually! Thanks!!

• No problem

• Rookie mistake! Never make the decision based on how the dress looks on the hanger or on a model. The only way to know is to try it on and see how it works for you. Remember the dress (or anything else you're wearing) is there to make your body look good--not the other way around.

• They both look good lol, I own both dresses! Not the exact ones depicted but I was just curious to which is a better choice ;)

• Awesome advice, thanks!

• Happy to help! Have a great date!

What Girls Said 8

• Always go with the dress

• the polka dot one looks cute

• If you are a littli big i would go with the spotted one the red.. I think it's cute

• Thank you!!! Very helpful, I am very self conscious about my arms. Should I use a cardigan.. Its so hot out :(

• Amen to that ^^^ This guy is going out with you with potential for it to become a second date that turns into more. Just wear what makes you feel good and that will show :-)

• Its kinda a blind date meeting that my friends set up.. We've seen a picture of eachother but not much else lol

• I like the pink one.

• Dress B. A is not agressive and sexy at all.

• That's what I was worried about, maybe dress A will be easily dismissed and won't make much of an impression.

• @asker. Correct. But as @ justacatlady said: see that it fits your body proportions. Not ideal for a pear shape. Excellent for sand timer, especially wide shoulders and standard boobs

• show less skin. Or wear the pink summer dress with a cardigan

• I don't see any read dress but I like black with polka dots.

• The red dress is similar in style to the black dress, but its red. I couldn't find a similar picture, and it has a tight pattern just like the dots. Would that be a better choice?

• You didn't add any pics so we don't know what the red dress is supposed to look like

• Haha sorry it totally didn't catch, I uploaded it ;)

• Personally I'd go with the red one, it's cuter.

• Thank you!!!