Do plain or patterned ties look better with a suit?

What are your reasons?

• plain
    74% (14)29% (4)55% (18)Vote
  • patterned
    11% (2)7% (1)9% (3)Vote
  • Both look as good as each other
    15% (3)36% (5)24% (8)Vote
  • depends (please explain)
    0% (0)28% (4)12% (4)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|6

Most Helpful Guy

• Either, though a solid color with no texture actually doesn't look... that good in the daytime. It can look dramatic at night. It looks very severe.

That said the 'patterned' ties i wear the most are very subtle, but just not a block of plain silk. That's... m'eh.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I despise suits, but I'd say they look slightly better without a tie or with a plain one.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like bold colors, especially jewel tones. Solid colors of any shade can look good and almost every geometric pattern can look good, but solid, bold, jewel tones are the best in my mind :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. I'd have to see the whole look. My favorite is a solid black tie.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its better to wear a plain color tie because..
    Looks better.
    Makes you look more work savvy.
    People will notice you more..
    On the other hand..
    Too much colour will make you look gay.
    People will say you are looking for attention.
    And
    Persons will not take you seriously.

0|0
    0|0
    • How does too much color make a guy look homosexual? So if a girl wears too little color, will she look lesbian?

• Well gay guys like lots of colour like a woman does...

• I prefer plain! just a clean look

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• plain i guess... depends on the color of the suit though

1|0
    0|0
  • Plain tie with patterned (eg. pinstripe) suit, and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
  • But.. bowties!

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends are you getting married? Or going to be on television? Ties aren't even really in right now. If you have to wear a tie. Get a subtle design or pattern. If you want a multi colored tie. Go with a J. Garcia.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ties aren't in? Everywhere I go I see guys in suits with ties. All the guys at work wear them too.

• Ties aren't out necessarily they're a classic staple of mens attire but they're just not what they were. Suits are sick I own many myself but haven't worn a tie with them in years. I own a tux which I have a bow tie and a neck tie for but that's it. I mean even WSJ says ties are dead. Do you work on WS? I mean if your job requires it cool. Everywhere I look at work the only guys wearing ties are over 60. Shit just last weekend I had to stop my dumbass my brother in law from wearing a tie to an event. I don't know where you work I don't know where you socialize. Just what I do. Just what I read. Just what I see. When you dress... dress to kill. That's all I'm saying man. Do you though. You have to be confident.

• I'm all about the silk skinny black ties. I have a beige J. Crew tie, that one is a close 2nd.

0|0
    0|0