How bad it is to dye your hair?

I dye my hair red last year than I went back to my natural Colo black months later I did highlights and today I dye it back to black I have curly hair and I notice my curls look wavy is that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

• The chemicals are not good for it, but I've been having my hair professionally dyed for 3 years and it's still in amazing condition. The trick is to not have it done sooner than 6 weeks, (preferable after) and use a deep conditioner on it once a week. Avoiding heated styling products as much as possible is recommended, and when you do use them be sure you have a heat protection product applied. It's always best if you have it done at the salon too since the hairdressers are professionals at it and are far less likely to make a damaging mistake, or for the color to turn out so bad you have to have a color correction process which is God awful for your hair.

I've had my hair bleached and dyed numerous times. I typically have it done once every few months instead of in 6-8 weeks so it has extra time to heal. If you do it right, you'll still have great hair.

What Guys Said 1

• oooooo red is marvelous imo!!! ^_^

What Girls Said 2

• It's not that bad if you use the right ones.

• Yes. The chemicals are very harsh (Dyed my hair several times. It's ruined now)