Are guys more attracted to a beauty queen?

So I just recently won a beauty pageant and I thought maybe it would help me get out there and meet more people but guys seem to be edging away from me more. Am I doing something wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• My Pshycology teacher told me that one of his patients was really beautiful and won a beauty paegent much like you. But her problem was that no guy would ask her out. He said that guys are really intimidated by really beautiful girls because us guys think either 2 things when seeing a really beautiful girl. 1) She's already got a man or 2) there's no point in wasting my time cause she will never date me. Too be honest with you, if you wanted to get a boyfriend or a date, you probably be better off making the 1st move. I wouldn't even worry about rejection either since you are a beautiful lady.

What Guys Said 8

• To be honest rhicks, I would say that I'm a pretty decent to good looking guy, and I probably would be in the league or close to that of a beautiful girl like you. However, the disadvantage of being so beautiful is that you do become a little intimidating, that's inevitable. There's two ways of remedying this. You could, one, approach guys and they'll eventually get comfortable around you (after the first 2 minutes of stammering), or two, you can, and I don't mean you have to uglify yourself, but maybe relax your dressing up a little. I find with some beauty queens that everything is on point, to the point where they're like a barbie, the make up is done up to the tee, the hair is perfect, the clothes are perfectly name brand and everything. Try relaxing the look, maybe having an easier smile, and that'd be you more approachable. Don't worry about falling behind the other girls, guys will always be able to spot a cutie.

• I don't know what it was that made me do it, but for some reason I took a look at your profile before answering this question.

You say you've spent your whole life in the "bible belt" which I'm assuming means you're very religious. There is nothing wrong with that, but due to your age most guys aren't going to be interested in you because most guys your age are only interested in getting in your pants, which they know they're not going to get with you.

• Im personally not, I tend to go more for the girls who arnt, if this makes since, on every guys "wish I could screw list" Not that its trying to make anyone sound slutty, I just never have been one to go for the ideal 10s in any sense.

However, to ask the question not in the title, its possible some of the guys are a tad intimidated that you were in one and perhaps think not worthy of dating. Though there is so much that it could possibly be with the information given.

• Well here's the deal, yes they are attracted to you but about 90% of them will think they don't have a shot in hell with you, so it might be harder to get a date just because they will be intimidated. I wouldn't care if you were a beauty queen or not, well I mean I would tell all my friends I was dating a beauty queen, but I wouldn't be intimidated by you.

• Participating in activities such as beauty pageants screams vanity to me. Unless I already knew the woman beforehand, liked her personality, then found out later she participated in such things, I'd probably be much more turned off than on.

• The prettier you are, the less likely a guy will approach you. Why? Because you look and appear intimidating. If you want a guy to be more likely to approach you and say hello, dress more casual. I know it sounds silly on paper, but it's really true. The more dressed up and glamorous you look, the more likely a guy will think your stuck up and not approachable.

• First, congratulations.

But not necessarily. In fact, many guys are more likely to stay away from a beauty queen because they are intimidated by that very accomplishment; those with less confidence might think that they're not good enough for you.

• those guys are not confident enough to approach you, just give it time

What Girls Said 0