Who's bodies are under more scrutiny by society?

• Women are more
  • Men and Women equally
  • I actually think it's Men

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say men since there is basically only one attractive men body type. A guy needs to be tall and very toned in order to be attractive. A women can be tall or short but as long as she is in shape she will be attractive to people.

• Yea usually guys have to be tall to be attractive, women don't have to be tall to be attractive...

• yea I totally agree.

• Thanks

What Girls Said 6

• I would say men and women are both under a lot of scrutiny for body image. Ultimately, people feel attraction quickly based on what they see. Unfortunately, that leads to a lot of attention focusing on having "the right" body and "the right" look.

• Well it's nice to hear someone noticing men are judged too thanks...

• I think men are more because there's more to judge.
    In highschool guys would wear the same outfit in a week and but if a girl wore the same jeans people would talk about her like crazy. It was ridiculous.
    But I still do think men are judged and it's ridiculous

• Well it's nice to hear someone noticing that men are judged too...

• I would say it's about equal. Personally, I don't even care. Just be healthy.

• People don't realise how much influence the media has on men as well as women. Women are pressured to look toned and have an hourglass figure. Men are pressured to look tall muscular and chiseled. I know a few guys who are self concious about their bodies thinking they aren't skinny or big enough

• Yea I think men's self-consciousness is less open but as a guy I definitely feel it especially when I hear what women want on a guy hahaha. thanks for commenting!

• Definitely women

• I guess I won't argue with you but I'd like to evoke some sympathy for guys too, it's not always women going through tough circumstances...

• I guess openly women are criticized more and it is unfortunate. I look at movies and ads sometimes and grieve over how much pressure girls must be facing as a guy I feel about it... sorry for my downvote :(

• No reason to apologize. You disagreed with my original statement, I don't take offense.

• I think woman bodies are more scrutiny by
    Society, we have TV, mags and other women telling us how we should look
    And that we should look either like a stick
    Or super curvy and comparing us to each other

• But would you agree men receive a lot of that too but maybe not as openly?

• Hmm, maybe, I never met a guy who was
      Openly bother by his look or heard a guy be criticized for his look

• I feel it on this website all the time though...

What Guys Said 2

• equally i'd say 8)

• I guess I agree thanks.

• i'd say mine