Guys... what is the difference in a girl being cute and a girl being hot?

okay so I hung out with my friends and a guy that is a friend of one of my friends. so we talked a little. then after I left he texted my friend saying I was really cute!

what does that mean? like I'm not that pretty so I'm cute or have a good personality?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here are some examples

Cute :

Hayley Williams of Paramore link

Emma Stone: link

Hot:

Seren Gibson link

Raven Riley link

Kristen Stewart link

What Guys Said 6

• Well, in my definition cute is attractive and possibly datable. Hot is really attractive but out of my league. I usually don't bother with hot. Hot to me is basically a fantasy.

• Hot has more of a sexual connotation to it where as cute is more bubbly girlish kind

• Cute is like a normal girl If I'm sayin a girl is cute its more what her face looks like. Hot is more her body than her face the kinda girl youd see in a magazine or something,you know a magazine were they don't have any clothes on. Not sayin though cute girls don't have bodies they just don't dress as trashy

• well cute and hot could mean the same thing. they both mean very attractive. but we usually don't tell the girl directly she's hot, because girls mostly prefer the word cute over the word hot. well at least in my experience they have.

• it means he's interested in you.

• hot is more like lust and dressing provocatively

cute is usually petite and modest

What Girls Said 0