Can men pull off a fedora anymore, or has it been lost?

Is it still possible to look good in a fedora, or has their reputation been ruined so bad that it would be foolish to be seen in one.

Basically have men dressed like this:
Been killed off by guys who dress like this:

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• the 1940's fedora is not really made anymore the ones that greasy neckbeards wear are a cheap version of a fedora called a trilby. They are completely different hats. The one Gregory Peck (god Gregory Peck is hot) is wearing in the first picture is a fedora, the one the nerdy guy is wearing in the second picture is a trilby.

• I like them ahaha.

• Of course they can, but just like in the days when they were super popular, not everyone could pull it off and fedora's were also worn with a different style.

• I think only certain guys can pull off a Fedora. I definitely prefer the guy in a suit over the second guy, however Fedoras aren't that appealing altogether.

• I think it's cuter on cuter on girls lol.

• There's this guy at school who wears fedoras sometimes and he looks great! It all depends on the rest of the outfit. I think if a guy wears the right things to correspond with the fedora then he'll look quite attractive

• I prefer it on girls tbh.

What Guys Said 12

• You could say they are both Fedorable! hahaha i make myself laugh...
    I think with these kinds of jokes i'm ready to be a dad.

But yeah i think as long as you aren't wearing it solely because you troll on youtube and reddit then it's fine.
    Fedora's still look smashing.

• I could wear one but I'm pretty sure I'd forget it somewhere within a week.

• just look at james spader playing Raymond Reddington
    images6.fanpop.com/.../...t-35676709-3000-2248.jpg

• I still wear a fedora on occasion. if someone "deigns" to talk shit, my response is generally a variation of the following:

"A thousand pardons, kind sir. I seem to have dropped the fuck that I was going to give."

• I remember seeing a youtube video of a proud fedora owner, ignorant of the fact it is now looked down upon, showing off some of the tricks he could do. The comments were all bullies making fun of it. You can't wear a fedora anymore this day and age.

• da guy's clothing in 1st pic is... yuuuuuuck >.<

• Only if your goal is to appear slightly homosexual, and to show everyone how nifty and special you are, while simultaneously making a complete a** of yourself.

• Hahaha. For me it's more the douchebags who killed it off.

• I would wear one for a challenge

• I don't like them on guys or girls or anyone lol

• I actually think it's made a comeback in recent years... seems to be gaining momentum

• Unfortunately, hats are a thing of the past. Respectable men can't wear them anymore.