Would this make a girl unattractive to guys? Or intimidating?

I'm 18... I've never been kissed, never been on a date, and never had a boyfriend. Most girls that guys go after are the cheer leading, tight clothes-wearing, 9 pounds of makeup-wearing kind of girls.

I play the guitar, wear hoodies and skater shoes. I'd rather watch baseball than get my hair done. I can't stand wearing nail polish on my fingers. I would rather brag about calluses I've gotten from guitar practice than but an ugly pink shirt from Abercrombie or Hollister. I collect band shirts and have a photo album dedicated to ticket stubs, rather than collecting shoes or purses. I've been told that I'm pretty (specifically that I have nice eyes and beautiful hair), and I'm a very sensitive and caring person.

Why don't guys like me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Please don't worry some guy will like you some day. The woman I love is a self proclaimed tomboy, wears combat boots, knows more about baseball, football and other sports than I do, is smarter than me and has a naturally hoarse voice. I can't imagine life without her. Just socialize with people of your own interests, if possible. Be comfortable with yourself. Don't look or try to find love. It will find you.

• The thing is that the guy I like IS a lot like me. I think he's just intimidated because I'm older than him. He's given hints that he likes me, but it's like he's playing a game of hot-and-cold. I don't know what to do without looking dumb.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe they do. Maybe it's not feasible for them to do anything right now!

• usually guys who date tomboys like yourself are gonna wonder...why theyre dating themselves...basically ur their mirror image...only not with a d***

• not for me particularly

but I'm sure the guy who likes you is out there somewhere!

and its not 9lbs is 10! lol

• Sounds like a perfect girl to date. there's nothing unattractive or intimidating, in my oponion.

• Could the intimidating part be that I'm 18, and the main guy in question is only 15-16? Would an older girl really intimidate a girl that much? I've known him for a long time (11 years!), so he should know that I view him as an equal, and not just "that sophomore kid that I know." I don't even know for sure how he feels about me. He's sending mixed signals, and it's kind of hot and cold.

• Then...that may be a bit intimidating, to most guys but not all.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't play guitar, but aside from that, I'm pretty much the same way, and guys have liked that I'm not the really girly type. I don't think that's working against you. Are you more on the quiet side? Because guys won't know what kind of person you are if you don't really show it. Even if you do show it, it can be hard to approach someone who's quiet. Or they might see you as "one of the guys". Or, they're just not telling you that they like you. If you don't put out any signals that you're interested in them, they might not say anything because they think you're not interested.

• I've definitely given signals. And I've gotten a few from him too. It's just mixed, like a game of hot-and-cold. I think he might be intimidated because I'm 2 grades ahead of him, but I don't know how to give him confidence.

• If he likes you too, knowing how you feel will give him more confidence. One of you has to step up, it might as well be you. Otherwise, you'll keep sending each other mixed signals and waiting for the other to initiate things.

• i know I'm a girl and honestly I'm not saying this to make you feel better...u sound like an awesome person and look pretty great too...so I don't know why guys don't like you but it kinda sounds like ur one of the boys more than girlfriend material you don't have to change yourself just find a middle ground...i myself don't really like abercrombie or hollister only some stuff like a cardigan or something but there's nothing wrong with skater shoes I've seen girls who sound just like you get guys so the only recomendation would be is to don'y brag about your calluses and maybe insteed of the hoodie you should try a nice little top itdoesnt have to be revealing just cute remember a relatioship would have to be a give and take a guy doesn't want to feel like he is dating another dude he wants to know ur a women so wear clothes that remind him of that and all the other things will be pluses who wouldn't want a girl that would watch baseball, I can tell you for a fact the guys I've dated loved that I like baseball, football, hockey, and boxing, and I don't like getting my hair done it's just that when I go out I know how to do it myself, you look like you have real nice and easy hair to handle when you have nothing to do play around with it and see what styles come up...hope this helps!

• Thanks! I've been wearing more makeup and I always try to fix my hair in cute ways with hair clips. The callus thing is only with other guys that play guitar. The guy I like happens to be one of those... unfortunately. I'm not sure why he hasn't made a move. I'm 2 grades older than him, though, so maybe he thinks he'll be rejected... but I don't know what to do about him!

• That's good maybe cause he thinks you've put him in the friends zone...or the age thing might be a porb..but I don't think so cause for most guys it isnt, maybe you've just been friends so long you need to figure a way outta the friends zone which can be hard and only you can know how to do that, maybe you should whip out the lingerie ...lol..no not really..but maybe flirt with him a little in a way where you can see if the feeling is mutual without him noticing you like him so much. or ask in direc q's