How do I fix my hair?

My hair is long. But it's dead and has a lot of split ends. I don't wanna cut it off. Is there a way to fix it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hair contains dead cells. All hair is technically dead. Anyway, I understand your pain. If you want to improve the quality of your hair, I can suggest a couple of things:
    - Trim your hair at least once every 4 months in order to get rid of the split ends.
    - Deep condition your hair twice a week.
    - Don't wash your hair every day, instead do it once every 2 days or more if you can pull it off. You can use baby powder or dry shampoo if your hair looks too oily and you don't want to wash it.
    - Use various types of oils and scalp massage your hair with them. I'd recommend a product called Mythic Oil which has avocado oil and grapeseed oil in it or you can use Argan oil. Both of them are a little pricey but the result is worth it. If you don't want to buy anything expensive, use olive oil.
    - Try using sulfate & alcohol free products.
    - If you dye your hair, touch your roots once every 2-3 months instead of once a month.

Good luck. I hope I helped.

What Guys Said 3

• Trim it very lightly and often. Just enough to get rid of split ends. The weight of long hair can make it look flat.
    This is from my sister, who used to be able to sit on her hair before it was all cut off when she went to uni. It was donated to some organisation that makes wigs from real human hair.

• Beleive it or not conditioner that they use on show horses is the best for damaged hair. my brother uses it he has long hair. i will text him and try to find where u get it

• go for deep conditioning

What Girls Said 6

• just get the splits trimmed off, split ends travel up the hair shaft and flake off as they go so leaving them will only make your hair worse and it won't get much longer. itd be much easier to get an inch trimmed off whichll grow back to the same length in two months

• You have to trim the unhealthy ends or no matter what you do with your hair it will always look sloppy. Trimming regularly helps your hair stay healthy :)

• You should trim it.

• Just get it trimmed or layered. Just tell the person only to cut off 1 cm. That should fix the dead ends problem.

Last time I got my hair cut. I had the rest of the dye cut off. Holy shit my hair bounced up and curled so much. lol It was crazy but looks really awesome ^^

• Not that I know of. I'd recommend just getting a trim.

• yes, cut it off with your own scissor