Is the dirty look attractive? or just on certain people?

Today in my history class some girls were talking about Johnny Depp and how they thought he was attractive. I'm not saying he isn't but how is he attractive? I don't understand.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not find him attractive at all! And he was voted sexiest men of 2009 or something... UGH! Must be something wrong with me... haha ;)

No but seriously, I have no clue... I look forward to checking out the answers to see why girls like him... eww

• Exactly that's why I'm asking something about him being the sexiest men of 2009 and I was surpprissed.

What Girls Said 4

• It's just HIM. Something about him - his depth, his sense of humor, his reclusiveness...just his aura!

• I agree with oceanlab75. He is super old but I still think he's hot. =P Especially when he was younger.

• I think the rugged style does add something to it.. Like s3tupMayne rightly stated, his face has something about it that makes it attractive. However, personally, I think he does need facial hair to set it all in. I don't like him (physically - his acting is great ;D) in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for instance, but I melt for him as Roux in Chocolate and Captain Jack Sparrow ;) Same goes for Viggo Mortensen. In Hidalgo and The Lord of the Rings I love how he looks, all rough and masculine :P but once his beard goes away the whole face changes. But then again, I think I'm a bit of a facial hair - type girl ;D

• i think he's ugly to be honest lmao

What Guys Said 2

• It's not his style, it's his facial features that make him attractive. He's got a ridiculously desirable bone structure. Three things he's got going for him:

- Sharp, heavy, masculine jaw

- Very defined cheekbones

- Deep set eyes

All these things are considered attractive on guys (Google image it, you'll understand) because they're all indicators of maleness. Different hormones make different bones grow differently. Testosterone makes the bones in male faces grow denser and larger, so having a defined and deep-set bone structure indicates a good healthy dose of male sex hormones. It's sort of like how estrogen makes girls put on fat in the booty and the hips, which makes them curvy.

So just like guys are wired to look for curvy girls, girls are wired to look for guys with sexy faces. Johnny Depp has that sort of face. Looking rugged just happens to be part of his style.

• Wow. very well put. didn't know that's why women were so adept to mens faces. interesting

• Yeah interesting

• Yea, there's all sorts of things that both men and women are tuned into. Even though men have larger eyeballs than women, their bones grow bigger, so our cheekbones sit higher and brows sit heavier and give us the "small eyed" look, which is hot. Women's bones grow lighter, so their face shows the white of the eye more, which gives them the "doe eyed" look, which is hot.

Attraction is far more complex than you think.

• some men pull it off and some maybe most fail misserably