GAG'ers, what's the outside temperature that makes you change from winter to summer clothes?

I guess it will vary depending on the climate you're used to.

The question is: when do the sweaters, fleeces, warm socks, long sleeved shirts and tights get replaced by sandals, shorts, T-shirts and short sleeved shirts?

For me that limit is around 22°C (72°F)...

Oh and if you like to to post a link to your favourite summer outfit feel free!
GAG'ers on the Southern hemisphere will have to look in the recent past haha :D

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm, most of my winter clothes come off around 72-75 degrees, but I still prefer wearing long sleeves and tights even above that lol... but no more heavy coats/scarf/gloves/hats above 75 :)

• I see, interesting Maya... are you used to a warm climate or so? I guess most people would sweat when wearing long sleeves and tights above 75°F...
      For me the "no gloves" would be above 40°F :D :D

• Ok just to get this straight, you want scarf, cardigan, dress, tights, boots? That's easy! I can do that. I thought you would challenge me a bit, I get cold easily lol!

• Haha I didn't want the risk to send you to a shop... yeah this would be "challenge won" haha!
      And I'm sure it will be a nice look. The other one was as well :-)

What Girls Said 7

• I would say about 15 degrees. That's like the hottest temperature here if we're lucky. We had a hailstorm a couple of days ago. The weather is all over the place and unpredictable here.

• Oh year, and next stop after the UK is Belgium so I know which weather you're talking about Hannah :-(
      Or don't you live in the UK anymore?

• I do live in the UK.

• 15-20C. It depends on the humidity and wind. Sometimes it can be 20 degrees but with a cold wind and I'll keep my hoody on. Likewise 15 degrees if I'm walking around outside and there's no breeze then it's alright.

• Haha for me 15°C would be a little on the cold side for summer clothes. Except when I'm doing sports, than no problem :D

• I see. That's unfortunate. Was it the sort of weight gain that even a diet won't help against?
      Like when you're on medication for the thyroid gland.
      I may one day need to use that, for years I have a cyst on it and so far the gland works okay. But if it will continue to do so forever is not certain :-(

• Well... Yes and no. It was birth control that caused it. I'm on a different type now so yes it's lose able but less lose able than if I was on nothing. I'm on more medication now for other things.
      Oh no :/ good luck my lovely. Believe me, I come from a family of diabetes and weight gain so I know what it's like to battle things beyond your control. The past 6 months I've been awful, and I will admit it's my partly my fault I'm the way I am

• Yeah around 72-75 degrees... Though once it's around 60 I'm not dressing like it's still Winter but more so Fall. Just a jacket and maybe a hat instead a heay coat, gloves, and scarf.

• I'm from the south so it's always hot here, even our winter isn't very cold, so I just wear my normal clothes and a jacket/hoodie in winter lol

• Haha I see... here it can go from 90-95°F on the hottest days of the year to about 20°F on the coldest. Slightly hotter or colder in rare exceptions...
      So in winter you really need a good warm hat or beanie, gloves and warm shoes and jacket :D
      In the summer there won't be much difference for sure!

• Yeah, it's the same here, it gets in the 90s-100F, even our spring is in the 90s and fall also, it's very annoying. In winter it does have days where it gets down to 20F but normally it's about 40F then the next day it will be in the 80sF and you have to turn your air conditioner on, it amazes me how much temperature can change 40-50 degrees so quickly in the same day.

• Oh yeah I recognize that. Here in Belgium we describe it as "life on the 51st degree of latitude".
      When the wind turns to the North it can quickly cool down to 10°C (18°F) below the normal temperature for the season.
      But in 2 days time that can change completely and you can go from "sweater weather" to shorts weather!

• I wear hoodies and/or sweats around 30 and below. I wear long sleeves around 30 to 60 degrees. I wear short sleeves 60 and 90. I wear a tank top or almost nothing 90 and up.

• Thanks! For me, short sleeves as low as 60°F would be fairly cold... after some time you'd see me shiver :o

• Since I live in an unpredictable climate, I wear layers, so I can switch always in the transition period.

• Haha we're from the same unpredictable climate I think... we could go drink a cup of coffee together to keep us warm haha :D

• For me it's in the 15-20 C range.

• Haha if you'd pull me a t-shirt and shorts on in 15°C you'd see me shiver like hell :-(
      I need about 7 to 8 degrees more than that :D

What Guys Said 2

• Between 70 and 80° F, according to wind and humidity.

• Agree Jacques... maybe we're from the same climate (he ket...) hahaha :D

• 70-80F i guess 8)

• Yeah I can imagine that for someone from the UK it's similar than for me :-)