How important is fashion to girls?

I try to always dress well, wear fitting clothes, colours contrasting, good quality brands, etc .
I'll do this no matter what girls think, but does this matter? Do girls find guys who have style and wear nice clothes more ttractive. I was called preppy once and wasn't sure to take it as a compliment or an insult.

• I'm more attracted to guys who dress well
    67% (22)
  • Meh, don't care
    27% (9)
  • I'm less attracted to guys who dress nicely
    6% (2)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
It'd be chill to here the opinions of girls who consider it a negative to dress nicely, just would like to know reasoning no judgement

9

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pretty important to me.

What Girls Said 8

• Style helps, but really, even a guy wearing a simple t shirt and jeans can still be attractive. Also take pride in your "prep" they're probably jealous of your fashion lol

• Alright, and maybe aha, a lot of people in my school seem to struggle with dressing themselves.

• I think it really varies with what type of person you are. Me, for instance, if you wore a paper bag and had a great personality, I'd go for it. Some people find looks to be a very important part of relationships, both friendly and romantic. But in reality, the majority would most likely prefer guys who don't wear paper bags.

• I'm not a fan of preppy guys. They seem to have big egos. I do like a well dressed guy, just that his pants aren't saggy, you can't see through his shirt and the clothes flatter him and sone what match.

• I have a lot of preppy friends and you're right we probably have bigger ego's than average, and are maybe a bit more judgmental too. Good to know though.

• "Fashion" on a guy annoys me. I'm one of those few teen girls that doesn't care about trends or makeup or anything like that. I'm boring. I don't care about fashion. A guy trying to be fashionable just irks me. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to look preppy and pretty all the time when I'm always wearing jeans or sweats. That kind of person is not even the least bit attractive to me. Well-kept and clean with good clothes is all I ask. So basically, a t-shirt and jeans and tennis shoes or boots. Comfortable. Not fashionable.

That's just me being boring. I'm very different from pretty much all females. My opinion is probably inanity to some females and just odd to others.

• You might change though, I had the same opinion at your age on fashion.

• Age does matter because everyone thinks they have 'figured themselves out' but in reality once they've matured they'll end up a completely different person. You're only 13, trust me you'll look back and cringe once you get older. I'm young too but I accept the fact that I'll change, and that is a result of maturity.

• I do look back and cringe. I'm done changing for the most part. I've changed unbelievably in the past few years. I'm mature enough to know what mature is. I don't need someone three years older than me talking to me like he's perfect and I'm immature. I'm done here.

• As long as he's not sloppy and dirty, I don't really care about fashion on guys

• I'm more attracted to guys who dress well, but some guys look really hot in just sweatpants and a tshirt as long as he looks good in what he's wearing and is somewhat fit then I'm fine.

• Yes, dressing nice and wearing pants that fit properly are part of an attractive guy, if you ask me.

• A lot of guys can't seem to wear clothes that fit properly, or they just wear the same outfit everyday. I don't understand it lol

• Honestly I love when men just wear a black shirt and jeans, looks just fine to me.