For those of you who have dyed your hair blonde, does it fade much?

Just had my hair dyed from dark brown with blonde highlights to a gold color. I used color safe shampoo and conditioner and I take very good care of my hair. This is the first time I have done all over blonde that isn't all bleach (was first bleached then the gold was added) so I don't really know how bad it fades. I know red fades a lot since I've had my hair red numerous times.

And it was dyed professionally. I have NEVER dyed my own hair before.

Most Helpful Girl

• Blonde is not a color that really fades, it just becomes kind of brassy looking. Use purple shampoo.

• @asker only use it like once a week or your hair will start to look purple :-)

• @lumos @asker You can also make your own if you are so inclined. I've seen recipes on Pintrest

• That's what I read online for the most part, once a week.

What Guys Said 1

• if u have black hair, i guess it'll do... ;)

What Girls Said 6

• Mine didn't fade very much.

• Was yours just bleached or did you have it toned down as well?

• Well I bleached it and then I died the the color I wanted it.

• Blonde usually fades the slowest out of all died hair. I have a really light blonde right now and it did fade but so subtly that I didn't notice until I redid it :-)

• If you have bleached your hair then it will not fade like a colour will. Bleach can fade a little though, especially in dark dark hair. You need to stop it looking brassy, as Lumos said you need to use a purple shampoo for dyed blonde hair.

• Ok. I'll be sure to get one from Sally's. It was bleached and then color was added.

• To be honest any blonde can go brassy. I'm a natural blonde and I had to change my shampoo because it was making my hair look dyed blonde, almost ginger it was so brassy.

• Blonde doesn't fade. You just need to keep it toned. Color safe shampoo isn't going to do anything because it doesn't fade. It might become brassy (or orange) sometimes it Might even have a greenish ting (do not go swimming in chlorine pools.) You need a toning shampoo and conditioner that you'll use once a week

• I've dyed my hair ombre and no, it doesn't fade much. I love your hair by the way. :)

• It doesn't fade, however it gets brassy. It may start looking orange or yellow. If it starts looking orange use a blue toner or a blue shampoo. If it starts looking yellow use a purple/violet toner or a purple shampoo.