Girls, do you find it offensive when people call or refer you as 'hot' instead of gorgeous/beautiful/cute etc?

For some reaaons, I get this a lot. I'm sure I don't dress provocatively. I am a very simple girl. I don't wear much make up too. Most of the time I just wear bb cream, lipgloss and a little of eyebrow.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, but I would prefer gorgeous/beautiful/cute over hot, because hot pretty much only describes your appearance (and in a very sexual way). Gorgeous/beautiful/cute are more versatile (especially beautiful and cute) since they can be about your looks, your personality, your quirks, your manners etc, and in the end it's a bit more flattering since it covers more of you as a person. Hot is simply sexual and kinda boring, not that descriptive and just... blah.

What Guys Said 8

• how hot can b insulting?

it's a good compliment ;)

• Some people told me hot is an indirect message to a girl that a guy wants to bang her :/

• I think most girls prefer it

• >Gets complemented
    >Not the specific complement you wanted
    >Gets pissed.

wut

• I definitely don't mean it In an offensive way when I call a girl hot. 😳😧

• Its a compliment, u prob are cutebeautiful etc. But they said hot which u prob are to. Ride the wave

• I never call chicks over 20 hot

• "Hot" doesn't mean "slutty." It's a compliment; I think natural beauty is hot.

• ya some girls d that like this girl Tonya she gets mad when we call her hot so we d it on purpose but she's not that pretty honestly lol

What Girls Said 7

• I get called all.

Usually people have more than one view of one person.

My man calls me sexy, beautiful , cutie and hot other days.
    It depends on how I am dressed also.
    One thing that doesn't change is that he feels I have a beautiful face.
    The other compliments are according to how I am dressed.

• I don't find it offensive, its still a compliment. I would PREFER gorgeous or something of the sort though... maybe you just have a sexual look to you, like maybe big boobs, curvy body or something?

• I do have big boobs but I always cover them to avoid the unwanted attention but I guess it isn't helping at all :/

• Nope lol. Being called hot is fine

• No I don't.

• I don't get offended, but I prefer to be called beautiful or something else that implies that he sees more than just my body. Beautiful implies inside and out.

• It kind of does sound offensive - it refers mostly to the body. o. O

• A little bit.