Do guys have trouble making eye contact with girls they like?

Lately, I've notced that a couple of guys that I thought might be interested have such a hard time making eye contact. Especially when we're actually talking! They're scanning the room or looking away. I usually think these signs mean that they are just bored and uninterested but they're the ones that make the effort to talk to ME. I don't even know why they bother if they're going to act like this. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a habit I try and make eye contact with everyone I'm talking to, I used to find making eye contact rather uncomfortable/rude, but I realized there was no reason to think so.

They are probably just shy.

What Guys Said 3

• I have trouble making eye contact with anyone at all.

• Noricat said exactly what I was going to say. I used to have a lot of fears and insecurities so I held my eye contact back.

• lol I do it all the time, I don't know why but... yeagh if I like her I might try to not look at her, I don't know why myself. yeagh ide say some do have trouble making eye contact.

What Girls Said 1

• They're nervous. Sometimes if you like a guy, you need to make some effort to calm him down a little. Guys tend to be a little less comfortable socially than women, especially if they're particularly afraid of rejection.

Not making eye contact can mean a lot of things: being nervous is a common one. Or they might just want to get with you but not actually like talking to you. Don't take it personally: I know several guys who don't seem to care what any girl has to say!