What's your opinion on the social acceptability of just wearing bras with sheer tops?

I'm not talking about to say a family function or a business event. What do you think? Do you find it socially acceptable or vulgar? I'm curious & I find myself caught in the middle, because on the one hand, I think some women really pull it off in a classy and chic way, but on the other hand I see how it can be too revealing to wear in public. I have the same wishy-washy stance on crop tops as well. What are your thoughts?

• It's never socially acceptable
  • It's not exactly socially acceptable, but I like it
  • It's socially acceptable, and I like the look
  • It's socially acceptable, but I'm not a fan
  • It depends on how revealing the shirt and bra are
**this is only concerning grown women, not girls

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on how revealing the shirt and bra are. Eg. a black lace blouse with a simple black bra is ok in my books. While a white sheer blouse with a green bra is trashy

What Guys Said 7

• it's fuckin acceptable 8)

• It's totally fine if it's really hot outside. I dont want women to roast on my account due to fashion.

• I went C - You see a lot of women dressed like that now

• people can ware whatever they want

• Not really sure what that is but sounds hot lol

• Whats difference between that and wearing a bikini?

• It would be socially unacceptable to wear a sheer top without a bra but I will let it slide

• Vulgar if you're a kid.

What Girls Said 7

• It depends how you wear it. If you are going for a classy look, pair it with a great pair of skinny jeans, hair up, heels or flats, it's really nice, that's how I wear it.

• You speak like your from the 1800's... dude we have miley cyrus twerking her ass on the stage for millions of young people to see. and your debating about bras showing? People used to think (Some still do) that showing your arms and legs were unacceptable. lol I think its fineeeeeeee...

• I guess it depends on where you live and how progressive it is. It would be fine where I live.

• What I do is I wear a strapless bra and then put a bandeau over it. For some reason that just looks classier because the bandeau is not really an undergarment.

• depends of how revealing it all is...
    don't cover yourself up completely yet dont just wear a bra

• It's 2015. It's in style now as long as you do it in a fashionable way

• I like it.