Girls, How should I apply moisturizer?

So I just recently purchased moisturizer to see if it has any effect on my face. I'm just confused as to how I should apply it. Every night I use Clearasil pads to clean my face, and I know Clearasil dries my face. So now I don't know if I should apply the moisturizer before the Clearasil, because I would assume the Clearasil would just dry out the moisturizer; conversely, if I apply the moisturizer after the Clearasil, I would think the moisturizer would just stop the effect of the Clearasil. I would think there are some girls who have more experience with this type of thing than me.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• After the Clearasil. But honestly I think I know the product you mean, the Clearasil pads, and my advice would be that they're pretty harsh on your skin and probably not the best thing to use, at least not every day. I highly recommend Neutrogena products; their oil free moisturizer especially is really good especially for problem skin. Moisturizer can feel really heavy and kinda slimy; but the Neutrogena oil free one absorbs really quickly and helps make your skin seem less shiny as well. Plus because it's oil free it moisturizes without making your skin more greasy

What Girls Said 9

• Moisturize after cleansing. Moisture is good for your skin as it keeps it hydrated and enhances its elasticity and texture. It also isn't good to have too dry skin, because then your glands might overcompensate for it by producing too much oil.

• Haha sorry I just laughed awkwardly at the title... but I don't know how you apply I just thought you just sort of did...

• clearasil for acne right?
    wash your face with a soap-free cleanser, apply clearasil in trouble spots (not whole face), and then moisturizer after. yeah, clearasil will dry a bit, but not all, of the moisturizer.
    and hopefully the moisturizer is oil-free, or you're not doing yourself any good :P

• Oil free moisturizer after you wash your face. It will not cause breakouts. If you use those pads they might over dry your skin and then your skin will compensate and produce more oil. Better option would be to use a gentle exfoliating cleanser and then oil free moisturizer after.

• No apply the moisturizer second. The clearasil will be absorbed in your face an the acne ingredients will still dry out blemished.

• You ca find videos online. Just away from your face - towards your hairline.

• Put it on after using the pads. Those pads clean your skin by taking the dirt and getting it on the pad. It doesn't keep cleaning after you stop using it so putting moisturizer on won't diminish the effects.

• After cleansing keep your face moist moisturiser only works if your skin is moist and can I say how proud I am that a boy is admitting to wearing moisturiser good on you grasshopper

• Thank you lol. Also, can you say if moisturizer has any profoundly noticeable effect on skin appearance, or does it just help the health of your skin. And does it matter if you use any moisturizing lotion on your face, or should I stick to exclusively facial moisturizers? I can;t imagine just any lotion working on the face seeing as how moisturizing lotion for my hands and body seem like it would be too thick for my face.

• I think it does also limiting exposure to the sun.

• Crap no body lotion has too much fragrance also only unscented face moisturiser

• Put a small amount on your fingers and just rub it all over your face.