What to wear on a date?

I just started college this year and I got asked out by this guy from one of my classes, anyway I don't know how to dress for a date in college, since I'm not in high school anymore do guys expect girls to dress more dressed up? I want to make a good impression, but not too done up. Girls what should I wear?I'm in college, and so I don't have a lot of money to spend on new dresses and shoes etc and it's colder weather now.

we're going to dinner, I just don't want to seem to dressed up, but I don't know if college guys care or if they want a girl to look more grown up therefore in a dress.

Most Helpful Girl

• It really depends on wear you're going like, you woulden't wear high heels to an outdoor walk or a jeans and a tee out to a nice resturant!

Here are some examples of apporiate date clothes:

Stuff for a fancy night out/meeting the parents:

link

link

Something for a rock show,movies, casual date(pair with jeans):

link

link

Something for the outdoors:

link

link

link

What Guys Said 3

• When in doubt, you really just want to complement your body without revealing it too much. Having TOO much of your body exposed tends to look inappropriate (at least when it's winter, it's another story in the summer). But you definitely want to make yourself look nice.

Really, if it's a pretty casual first date, just imagine what you would dress up if you were going to go to class, but you felt like looking nice that day. You want to dress in something that is pretty versatile as far as appropriateness goes but also something that puts you a bit of a cut above the rest. You want him to have his eyes on you, but you also don't want to look like you're trying. ;)

• Oh! If you haven't already gone on the date, a dress is no big deal. I mean not like a prom dress, but if it's something simple and casual, it always looks good. Sorta like when guys wear polo or button up shirts. If you're just wearing a simple and traditional thing, it's fairly appropriate.

• my "date" for the past couple weeks has been wearing tight jeans. to flatter her butt (since its the best feature on her). she knows I like butts more than anything else (aside from the face of course). so she'll do that for me :). she also just dresses with a nice blouse or sweater depending on how cold it is. its all in how you wear it though. ya know. she wore heals (sp?) to dinner. but took em off to go bowling (obviously) she knew I liked em. and she likes them too

What Girls Said 5

• I'd wear something that's appropriate for the restaurant. Like if it's like Olive Garden or like Cheesecake factory then something more nice ..or if it's like an upscale place then yeah I'd wear something more nice if it's like Logan's or like an everyday casual restaurant then I'd say

a pair of jeans a simple yet nice top Not like club type some simple make up and a some simple jewelry because it is like first date so I wouldn't go all out --But if its a second date at a restaurant then I'd consider wearing a dress.. and plus you and him are both in college...

So what is consider "simple " in your style of clothing? And be yourself and don't someone you aren't. ...

• I think it'd be fine if you wore either :

a) jeans and a cute top / very nicely fitting sweater ;D

b) a single colored-no pattern blouse/sweater/top with a short skirt (not too short maybe) with leggings or black tights and boots with a bit of heel.

c) if you have one, a sweater dress and warm tights/leggings

Anything you're comfy in, that is :) You can also throw on a scarf or wear a cute hat. + nice perfume on them too, so as you take them off he smells it. :D it's winter season! Hope I helped and have fun! :D

• well it kinda depends what reataurant he teaks you to but some nice jeans that flatter you with a nice blouse and your choose ot you want to wear flats or heels but you don't want it to seem like your trying so hard and you want to be comfterble and jeans can be casual and dressy depending on the top and accesories but if you guys do something fun after dinner don't wear a dress

• What type of restaurant is it? Guage your outfit by where you're going. Dressy places usually require a more polished look. Also, look at the guy you're going out with. How does he normally dress? If he's a super casual guy, chances are he won't pull out all the stops for his evening out attire. As long as you wear something clean that fits appropriately (and you wear it with pride), I'm sure it'll be great.

Also, look to friends to help out with shoes and accessories... I can't tell you how many times my friends borrowed makeup, purses, or shoes for their date nights. :)

Best of luck!

• It depends, where are you doing for your date?

I also agree with what lacrimati said :]